MultiROM Once Again Available for the Galaxy S4

Multiboot, or the ability to select betweenmultiple operating systems on a single device at … more

Build an Impractical But Awesome Lego Mindstorm Dock

The vast majority of what we cover here on the XDA-Developers News Portal relates to … more

MultiROM Makes its Way Over to the HTC One (M8)

While browsing our forum, you will undoubtedly find more than a few enticing ROMs available … more

Welcome to the New XDA-Developers Portal!

You may recall that a few weeks ago, we opened up the XDA-2015 forum themesto intrepid users … more
Post Reply

[Q] Rules of Flashing

30th March 2014, 10:44 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 10
 
97 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2011
Can someone make a list that shows how to flash and not flash?

Locked Bootloader with Root:Custom Kernels, Mods, Custom Roms, Custom Kernels, Stock Kernel?

Unlocked Bootloader with Root: .................

This way we have an easy way to know what to do and what not to do.

If you feels this is an unnecessary thread, just ignore it and let it die.
30th March 2014, 11:23 AM   |  #2  
Michealtbh's Avatar
Senior Member
Belfast
Thanks Meter: 840
 
2,700 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2010
More
LB: only stock based stuff, no kernels
UB: anything
30th March 2014, 11:55 AM   |  #3  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 10
 
97 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michealtbh

LB: only stock based stuff, no kernels
UB: anything

So if i have unlocked bootloader, it's hard to brick the phone?
30th March 2014, 12:10 PM   |  #4  
gregbradley's Avatar
Forum Moderator
Flag Manchester
Thanks Meter: 4,057
 
9,444 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2011
More
You mean like the ones already given in the how to guides in the general and development sections?
30th March 2014, 12:13 PM   |  #5  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 10
 
97 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by gregbradley

You mean like the ones already given in the how to guides in the general and development sections?

I don't feel they are specific enough.
I feel they are missing out on explaining some parts.
30th March 2014, 12:38 PM   |  #6  
eclyptos's Avatar
Senior Member
Planet Earth
Thanks Meter: 616
 
2,991 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnubaver

So if i have unlocked bootloader, it's hard to brick the phone?

Theoretically Yes, but in the main time you think you can do anything and you can flash something what really brick your phone, so I will be careful anyway.
30th March 2014, 04:09 PM   |  #7  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 10
 
97 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by eclyptos

Theoretically Yes, but in the main time you think you can do anything and you can flash something what really brick your phone, so I will be careful anyway.

So i can crossflash any "Z1" kernel on Stock or Custom rom and vice versa?
30th March 2014, 04:19 PM   |  #8  
eclyptos's Avatar
Senior Member
Planet Earth
Thanks Meter: 616
 
2,991 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnubaver

So i can crossflash any "Z1" kernel on Stock or Custom rom and vice versa?

Yes, you can flash Stock, Custom kernel like you like and any Stock, Custom Rom.

BUT I will not recommend to flash anything what it was not made for your model. So if the kernel is made for C6943 I will not flash it on C6903. Respect the compatibility.
30th March 2014, 04:28 PM   |  #9  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 10
 
97 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by eclyptos

Yes, you can flash Stock, Custom kernel like you like and any Stock, Custom Rom.

BUT I will not recommend to flash anything what it was not made for your model. So if the kernel is made for C6943 I will not flash it on C6903. Respect the compatibility.

Yeah i will read really carefully about compatility and stuff.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools
Display Modes


Top Threads in Xperia Z1 Q&A, Help & Troubleshooting by ThreadRank