Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,733,460 Members 40,153 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] FireFox OS

Tip us?

mapito
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] FireFox OS

Hi,

I've been using the ZTE Open for a few weeks now - running OPEN_EU_DEV_FOS_V1.0.0B02 according to device information
Just a couple of things

There's no spellcheck avaliable? Found this to be quite annoying - also is it just me or does anyone else also find it hard to type with the onscreen kb/

Prior to the ZTE Open I was using an iPhone 5 mainly - I understand you cant really compare the iphone 5 to the zte open, but surely an auto correct is kinda basic?

Also - I find that at times the phone's slow to respond, is this due to the hardware or just early versions of the OS>? I havent updated

Lastly twitter always seems to crash-- tried loads of times, works fine, then when I click view more tweets or scroll down it just closes

feherneoh
Old
Thanks Meter 948
Quote:
Originally Posted by mapito View Post
Hi,

I've been using the ZTE Open for a few weeks now - running OPEN_EU_DEV_FOS_V1.0.0B02 according to device information
Just a couple of things

There's no spellcheck avaliable? Found this to be quite annoying - also is it just me or does anyone else also find it hard to type with the onscreen kb/

Prior to the ZTE Open I was using an iPhone 5 mainly - I understand you cant really compare the iphone 5 to the zte open, but surely an auto correct is kinda basic?

Also - I find that at times the phone's slow to respond, is this due to the hardware or just early versions of the OS>? I havent updated

Lastly twitter always seems to crash-- tried loads of times, works fine, then when I click view more tweets or scroll down it just closes
We can only add features like auto-correct by re-scripting keyboard and adding a huge wordlist.
Why do you need this feature? The first thing I and my friends disable on our phones is auto-correct

FoXperia on Facebook

If I helped you somehow, please hit 'Thanks'

NeoH-quotes:
"Is SUP an OS? I want to PORT it to HD2, so it will have SUPPORT."
" I want to steal tiestobunio's work. Oh, wait... It's not his."
"CotullaCode posted some screenshots of Windows 8 running on HD2. I will RT them."
"Compilers can produce warnings - make the compiler programmers happy: Use them!"

wAppStore

Current device: Sony Ericsson k750i (Lumia 520 bricked)