Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,770,247 Members 49,796 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Moto G soft brick/boot loop after unlocking bootloader..

Tip us?

emmanuel_baez
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 9
Default [Q] Moto G soft brick/boot loop after unlocking bootloader..

Well it seems that I have bricked or caused a bootloop on my brothers Moto G. I followed the steps carefully to unlock ghe bootloader from Motorola's site and afterwards I can't get it to boot. I've been searching for quite some time and I keep seeing suggestions to go into recovery and factory reset. Problem is it doesn't go into recovery once I select from oot loader mode. Stays on a black screen with Andy laying on his back, opened with the infamous red triangle with and exclamation on it. I'm guessing there's no recovery? Also tried flashing stock recovery with the Moto Tool this morning and still nothing. Has anyone had a similar issue and resolved it or have any suggestions that I could attempt? Would be greatly appreciated.

Landrea
Old
Thanks Meter 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by emmanuel_baez View Post
Well it seems that I have bricked or caused a bootloop on my brothers Moto G. I followed the steps carefully to unlock ghe bootloader from Motorola's site and afterwards I can't get it to boot. I've been searching for quite some time and I keep seeing suggestions to go into recovery and factory reset. Problem is it doesn't go into recovery once I select from oot loader mode. Stays on a black screen with Andy laying on his back, opened with the infamous red triangle with and exclamation on it. I'm guessing there's no recovery? Also tried flashing stock recovery with the Moto Tool this morning and still nothing. Has anyone had a similar issue and resolved it or have any suggestions that I could attempt? Would be greatly appreciated.
Follow this steps to enter recovery: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kjNXkRtEQlo
The Following User Says Thank You to Landrea For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

emmanuel_baez
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 9
Worked perfectly. i was worried that i made a paperweight. Thanks again

Landrea
Old
Thanks Meter 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by emmanuel_baez View Post
Worked perfectly. i was worried that i made a paperweight. Thanks again
You're welcome :3