Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,737,266 Members 40,972 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Plz convince me

Tip us?

cherylbaker
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 194
Yah I know.. i just feel like it is "breaking" my phone. I wish Samsung had not done this. I switched from htc to Samsung because their phones were open and now that i am used to touch wiz they go and do this. I have heard less and less about people having problems. BUT I still worry that when I try to resell knox being tripped will be a negative.
I had my own rom on the Note 2 and really would like to start doing that again for my note 3.. But than at the rate things go in Oct I will get a new phone anyway...
Man I do not like the new kitkat keyboard. It does not work like the 4.3 keyboard.
Oh well I had hoped someone would have something to say but I should have known this is xda and all people want to do is be jerks. .

Sent from my SM-N900P using Xparent Purple Tapatalk 2
The Following User Says Thank You to cherylbaker For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

micmars
Old
Thanks Meter 8964
Quote:
Originally Posted by cherylbaker View Post
Yah I know.. i just feel like it is "breaking" my phone. I wish Samsung had not done this. I switched from htc to Samsung because their phones were open and now that i am used to touch wiz they go and do this. I have heard less and less about people having problems. BUT I still worry that when I try to resell knox being tripped will be a negative.
I had my own rom on the Note 2 and really would like to start doing that again for my note 3.. But than at the rate things go in Oct I will get a new phone anyway...
Man I do not like the new kitkat keyboard. It does not work like the 4.3 keyboard.
Oh well I had hoped someone would have something to say but I should have known this is xda and all people want to do is be jerks. .

Sent from my SM-N900P using Xparent Purple Tapatalk 2
Hold on a second. I personally want you to have an overall positive experience on xda. I think most would concur. I think it's unfortunate that this thread may have yielded something less than that.

Blanket statements like this can detract from even more. Most people here are going to have the approach that rooting and having proper recovery are of the highest importance, and thus the entire Knox question for them is a marginal one at best.

I would buy a Knox tripped device on Swappa for the same price as a Knox free device.

This phone's resale value in correlation with the Knox question can be answered now, irrespective of any opinions you may find here. Just go to Swappa, look at the historical sales, and see if Knox tripped phones have sold for less than Knox free ones. My guess is that the resale value is nearly identical.

All the best.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2
"...dismiss whatever insults your own soul." - Whitman
"I have a lot of beliefs, and I live by none of them." - Louis CK

MikeChannon
Old
Forum Administrator
Thanks Meter 3594
Thread closed at OP request.
Forum Administrator
THREAD CLOSED
Subscribe