[V1.1]31.03.14 EFS/IMEI Tool N9005 Cmplete backup EFS + Modemst1 and 2

Search This thread

dr.ketan

Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor
EFS/IMEI Tool N9005

attachment.php

As we know On N9005 (qualcomm) IMEI number no more stored on EFS partition so no meaning to make backup of only efs.img
Thanks to @lyriquidperfection for information about IMEI stored on ModemST1 and ModemST2 partition, basis on this information here is simple tool to make backup of complete IMEI (efs.img.ext4 + nvrebuild1.bin and nvrebuild2.bin)

As we know sometimes we do have multiple device and multiple backup and that making us confuse which backup is for which device, also it difficult to guess when exactly we made particular backup. to overcome all these issue I have made some change in script and new version will make backup in folder name MyEFS_MM-dd-yyyy_hh.mm_Device IMEI So you can keep multiple backup.
Also it will copy build prop file along with backup, so that will give complete information about your ROM when you made backup.

- To backup long press EFS backup option icon, it will backup all three required partition like efs.img.ext4,nvrebuild1.bin and nvrebuild2.bin. Also you will find build.prop file, which is just to get information about ROM when backup was created.
- To restore simply copy all three backup files efs.img.ext4, nvrebuild1.bin and nvrebuild2.bin to root directory of Int SD card and then long press Restore option icon.

Read this for more about EFS
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2420881

ChangeLog
V1.0 Initial version
V1.1 Backup folder name changed, now it will be MyEFS_MM-dd-yyyy_hh.mm_Your device IMEI. So there will be no more confusion about which backup is for which device.

Download :

Play store - Purchase from play store to support development

OR

IMEI Tool N9005 Free 1.1 - Download for free for XDA users.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-03-30-17-08-12.png
    Screenshot_2014-03-30-17-08-12.png
    17.1 KB · Views: 68,638
Last edited:

dr.ketan

UPDATE : Test 2
Change log
As we know sometimes we do have multiple device and multiple backup and that making us confuse which backup is for which device, also it difficult to guess when exactly we made particular backup. to overcome all these issue I have made some change in script and new version will make backup in folder name MyEFS_MM-dd-yyyy_hh.mm_Device model
Also it will copy build prop file along with backup, so that will give complete information about your ROM when you made backup.
If everything work as per described then next version will be final with restore script.
Kindly make 2-3 backup and check everything working fine.
Again Thank you for testing.

kosmasgr

UPDATE : Test 2
Change log
As we know sometimes we do have multiple device and multiple backup and that making us confuse which backup is for which device, also it difficult to guess when exactly we made particular backup. to overcome all these issue I have made some change in script and new version will make backup in folder name MyEFS_MM-dd-yyyy_hh.mm_Device model
If everything work as per described then next version will be final with restore script.
Kindly make 2-3 backup and check everything working fine.
Again Thank you for testing.

It works :)

Sent from my SM-N9005

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1396169136420.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1396169136420.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 1,271
Reactions: dr.ketan

dr.ketan

Yeah it was there in template, will remove in next version. btw you need not to keep installed this application if you are worried about current permission, simply make backup and uninstall.
Actually these permissions for there for adding ad but later I decided not to include ad. So don't worry about permission.

Edit : I have recheck it and permission for wake device and unlock screen is due to Toast notification you are getting at end of backup/Restore.
Network permission because I have used html popup menu (When touching Backup/restore menu text it pop up detail) because I can add any link if needed. So permissions are required,

Last edited:
Feb 21, 2013
It worked for me dr ketan. Is this (pls see screenshot) the final version?

Sent from my SM-N9005 using xda premium

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1396244517527.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1396244517527.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 336

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    EFS/IMEI Tool N9005

attachment.php

As we know On N9005 (qualcomm) IMEI number no more stored on EFS partition so no meaning to make backup of only efs.img
    Thanks to @lyriquidperfection for information about IMEI stored on ModemST1 and ModemST2 partition, basis on this information here is simple tool to make backup of complete IMEI (efs.img.ext4 + nvrebuild1.bin and nvrebuild2.bin)

As we know sometimes we do have multiple device and multiple backup and that making us confuse which backup is for which device, also it difficult to guess when exactly we made particular backup. to overcome all these issue I have made some change in script and new version will make backup in folder name MyEFS_MM-dd-yyyy_hh.mm_Device IMEI So you can keep multiple backup.

- To backup long press EFS backup option icon, it will backup all three required partition like efs.img.ext4,nvrebuild1.bin and nvrebuild2.bin. Also you will find build.prop file, which is just to get information about ROM when backup was created.
    - To restore simply copy all three backup files efs.img.ext4, nvrebuild1.bin and nvrebuild2.bin to root directory of Int SD card and then long press Restore option icon.

Read this for more about EFS
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2420881

ChangeLog
    V1.0 Initial version
    V1.1 Backup folder name changed, now it will be MyEFS_MM-dd-yyyy_hh.mm_Your device IMEI. So there will be no more confusion about which backup is for which device.

Download :

Play store - Purchase from play store to support development

OR

IMEI Tool N9005 Free 1.1 - Download for free for XDA users.
    Final version updated.

Sent from my SM-N900 using xda premium
    really good but it is not possible to buy Iran

No worries, you can use XDA version which is free. Both are same.
    Thanks for testing
    Will add restore script and update soon.

Sent from my SM-N900 using xda premium
    Of course it will be there and I have explained in OP why I have excluded restore script.