[DEV] - A call for all devs: help to add dual SIM support on ROMs

Search This thread

dhacker29

Inactive Recognized Developer
May 27, 2011
Millsboro, DE
WHich sim? Slot1 or Slot2? I tried both (i only got 1 SIM), but only data and voice works. SMS doesn't. I tried the *#*#4636#*#* and my SMSC number is wiped but I can't set it. I keep getting update error.

I can't access the Multi SIM settings > SMS settings since I only have 1 SIM. It might be a bug if you only have 1 SIM installed?

Not a bug. That setting only allows you to choose the default sim for SMS. So it's only active when both Sims are present.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

syl0n

Nov 3, 2010
Not a bug. That setting only allows you to choose the default sim for SMS. So it's only active when both Sims are present.

Oh OK. So what do I need to do to get SMS to work? Is there any logs I can send that may help with this? The SMSC number is gone and not settable but if I roll back to DoublePranks CM11 build it does work for me.

I have already tried a full wipe, wipe all partitions and clean install but i get the same issue.

syl0n

Nov 3, 2010
Is it selecting the proper APN? Sms worked for me

Yes APN is correct. Data works. But there is no SMSC set, and I get update error when I try to set it. I have already tried following this guide http://wiki.cyanogenmod.org/w/SMSC_Updates

I have the XT1033 from Australia I don't know if that makes any difference.

I keep trying every nightly build still no SMS working for me. Going back to DoublePranks 0309 build for now - that works with SMS.

Last edited:

the7keys

Apr 4, 2011
hello,
Evening everyone,
I'am in Indonesia and just received my XT1033 - getting start with a nub question... is that the unlock bootloader and how to root is same between single and dual sim ?
Thank you...
:good:

stfudude

Aug 17, 2010
Egypt
Since the moto G is still on the latest firmaware i doubt i'll be flashing anytime soon, but when the OS starts to become old I will certainly root and flash.. Hence consider my question as a long term plan.. Again I actually prefer single sim but since we dont have them i have to make due with what i have.. But should I flash any regular single sim rom on this, will it break the functionalities or theoretically turn my phoen into a single sim variant and let me use it as one..???

I too am interested to know what will happen if we flash single sim rom to XT1033.

Any major or minor problems (that can somehow make the device unstable i.e random reboot, crash, etc)?
Can it be reversed i.e can I flash XT1033 rom and get back dual sim functionality?

Your phone will be turned into a single sim variant, the xt1032

Enviado de meu Moto G usando Tapatalk

Are you sure that's all? No problem at all? I'm pretty sure there will be some problems when doing any of these stuffs, whether minor or major.

Last edited:

justjr

Mar 24, 2013
Cuiaba
Samsung Galaxy A21s
I too am interested to know what will happen if we flash single sim rom to XT1033.

Any major or minor problems (that can somehow make the device unstable i.e random reboot, crash, etc)?
Can it be reversed i.e can I flash XT1033 rom and get back dual sim functionality?

Are you sure that's all? No problem at all? I'm pretty sure there will be some problems when doing any of these stuffs, whether minor or major.

No problems dude. Lot's of people doing this including me. I get 1 sim working, Gravity status bar settings working, radio and 3g, GPS ok, already got back and forth between roms.
Everything's fine. If you doubt it or not try it yourself, no point in arguing.

stfudude

Aug 17, 2010
Egypt
No problems dude. Lot's of people doing this including me. I get 1 sim working, Gravity status bar settings working, radio and 3g, GPS ok, already got back and forth between roms.

Oh ok cool. Thanks.

If everyone mentions detailed information like this, no one would ever doubt it. Just saying..

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Reactions: nvyaniv

marcuspereira

I've been away from XDA those days and... woah, guys. Thank you so much for the support and the hard work.
It's amazing to see how the things evolved since the thread creation.

I downloaded the latest CM11 build and everything works fine here. BTW, I still have some questions about the DS support that I'll ask to @dhacker29 soon on the CM11 thread. If you guys need some help for testing (XT1033), just quote or message me. I'm back and ready.

nazz.rule

Jan 20, 2012
I'm on a tree.

Hi, can you share the method that you use to flash ROM from retail.GB? I've tried to flash PA from retail.GB on my device but it always give me systemui force closing every time I boot into the ROM. The same happens when I flash C ROM. When I flashed CM it booted fine but on my status bar it shows a SIM symbol with question mark in it and a network bar. I have an XT1033 with retail.GB in it.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

allan163

Apr 17, 2011
I've been away from XDA those days and... woah, guys. Thank you so much for the support and the hard work.
It's amazing to see how the things evolved since the thread creation.

I downloaded the latest CM11 build and everything works fine here. BTW, I still have some questions about the DS support that I'll ask to @dhacker29 soon on the CM11 thread. If you guys need some help for testing (XT1033), just quote or message me. I'm back and ready.

Are you sure everything works fine? I have heard someone complain about something wrong in the 2nd SIM, such as no sound etc.,

vbdss

Jul 21, 2011
Niteroi, RJ
Since Dhacker29 is our savior, I think this thread is no more needed right? CM bug reports have a thread and the official thread too.

marcuspereira

Since Dhacker29 is our savior, I think this thread is no more needed right? CM bug reports have a thread and the official thread too.

Yep. We can close this thread, but I think that is important create another thread with info about the dual sim port for the future developers who wants to support the Phone in the future.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I know that the Moto G is a recent phone, and because of this, we don't have much devs working on ROMs or something. But I follow all topics on the Android Development section and I observed one thing: almost nothing released yet (like alternative ROMs or the US update to Kit Kat) is compatible with the dual SIM variant of the phone.

I know that this variation won't be sold in a lot of markets, but here in Brazil, we almost encounter only the dual SIM version on the local and online stores. 'Cause here, dual SIM phones are really popular and necessary (let's say that our network operators isn't that good).

So, let's talk about what cares: I'm here to request to you guys to support the dual SIM on your ROMs. I know that is easy to do a request like these... so, I'm here to help and test together with the devs. I think it's important to develop a way to include the Dual SIM support on the future ROMs. So, everyone with a Moto G will be able to install the ROMs, independent of the variant of your phone.

My phone is a brazilian XT1033 16GB Dual Sim, with stock Android 4.3, unlocked bootloader, root and ClockworkMod Recovery running fine.

I installed the Infusion ROM, the Kit Kat repack and the Kit Kat US Stock ROM (yeah, I'm hungry for Kit Kat) and the results are the same: only one SIM are showed on the notification bar and we can't get any signal from the operator. Otherwise, everything works fine: wifi, apps, the general system...

You guys can ask me anything about the phone or give me instructions to extract certain files from system that you need or commands on adb/fastboot to get details of this variant. Remember: I'm here to help. :good:
    Very much close to dual sim now :fingers-crossed::fingers-crossed:
    http://www.cyanogenmod.org/blog/this-week-in-cm-mar-14-2014

Tomorrow's nightly should be stable for xt1033

OK so I ported all the DualSim code from Code Aurora to Gummy ROM. Source is here https://github.com/TEAM-Gummy/platform_manifest/tree/kk4.4-dualsim

I had to merge code into 10 packages and add the telephony-msim code to get this to work. Everything is working on the single sim as it was before. Now I need testers with Dual Sim.

Flash in recovery as usual and use the Gapps listed in the CM-11 thread.

Download: Gummy-M.1-01-22-14-UNOFFICIAL-xt1033.zip

Please post feedback. It should detect the radio as 0x5 and utiliize dual sim. If you don't get both sims showing you can try to add persist.radio.multisim.config=dsds to the build.prop.
    Anyway it's a start so let me know.
    OK so I fixed the force closes in the Dual Sim settings UI. everything is working on sim1 but I need testers that have 2 sims.

If you can post the contents of:
    Code:
    adb logcat -b radio
    reboot and also get:
    Code:
    adb shell
    su
    cat /proc/kmsg
    Download: http://androidhosting.org/Devs/Dhacker29/MotoG/Gummy-M.1-01-23-14-UNOFFICIAL-xt1033.zip

Screenshot_2014-01-22-23-12-07.png

Lets hope to have this functional very soon.
    Meh... Already have it for 5 days now. Surgs

Sent from my XT1033 using Tapatalk

1 - Are you talking about Malasyan variant?

2 - I wasn't aware we're were at a competition.

Enviado de meu XT1033 usando Tapatalk