Cyngn, OnePlus, Micromax – The Legal Battle

Recently, a battle has been waging in India over the rights to distribute the commercial … more

Lean Mean Battery Power Saving App Review

We talk a lot about battery topics here at XDA TV. We talk about everything from Power Banks to USB … more

Android 5.1 Possibly Coming February 2015

Google released Android 5.0 just over a month ago, and since then Lollipop has been trying to … more

Double Tap to Wake on the Nexus 6 Without Root

A few weeks ago, we featured an app which allowed the Nexus 6 to regain the double tap to wake … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Thread Deleted

Disable Google Play Services and Google Services Framework for better battery/privacy

OP zack.1988

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
30th March 2014, 05:26 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 24

46 posts
I disabled Google Play Services and Google Services Framework on my Moto G, because I don't need them and the Play Store (I sideload all my apps from the pc).

But there's a big problem: if I disable even one of them, and try to enable the geolocation, it only uses the option "high precision" and, worse then that, it makes all the android framework crash and reboot if I try to open any geolocation-using app (like Google Maps or the camera with geo-ON). Any hint to solve this issue? I really want to get rid of these services, for battery and privacy reasons (in particular, battery improvements are really noticeable!).

UPDATE: I don't get this bug UNLESS I reboot the phone. If I do, I get this issue. If I don't, Maps still works even with these services disabled. I'd like anyway to solve this problem so I don't have to make laborious procedures everytime the phone reboot (I already have to kill 5 motorola processes, i.e. Motocare and Motorola Services ones).
I've attached a pair of screens to clarify my situation. I'm on the STOCK and NO-ROOTED rom.

Thank you very much in advance
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-04-01-10-49-47.png
Views:	258
Size:	187.1 KB
ID:	2662192   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-04-01-10-50-15.png
Views:	260
Size:	225.7 KB
ID:	2662193  
Last edited by zack.1988; 1st April 2014 at 11:27 AM.
Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread