Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,736,222 Members 44,971 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Navigation Buttons

Tip us?

steelersmb
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 43
Default Navigation Buttons

Is there a way to change or add to the navigation buttons? I hate not having a menu button and I am used to the back button being on the right.

David 617
Old
Thanks Meter 216
Quote:
Originally Posted by steelersmb View Post
Is there a way to change or add to the navigation buttons? I hate not having a menu button and I am used to the back button being on the right.
not until xposed works with this, or a custom rom is made

d1ez3
Old
Thanks Meter 124
I have it now, root and get gravity box 4.4 you can add the menu button

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using xda app-developers app

JNava420
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Stock

I hope this isn't too silly of a question but is there any way to make the navigation buttons appear stock after root? I ordered a GP Edition but hate waiting and I'm most likely gonna use nova launcher anyways but the navigation buttons will still look like htc at least they did when I tried loading nova and a kit kat theme on a floor unit in verizon. Any help please?

hlxanthus
Old
Thanks Meter 607
Quote:
Originally Posted by JNava420 View Post
I hope this isn't too silly of a question but is there any way to make the navigation buttons appear stock after root? I ordered a GP Edition but hate waiting and I'm most likely gonna use nova launcher anyways but the navigation buttons will still look like htc at least they did when I tried loading nova and a kit kat theme on a floor unit in verizon. Any help please?
Just saying, having a dedicated menu on android 4.3+ is ridiculous. In 4.3 android changed to force menu softkeys in the navbar when available (or in app when navbar is not supported). Buy I can understand wanting to swap or add other buttons. Easy enough with xposed.

Sent from my Galaxy S4
The Following User Says Thank You to hlxanthus For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

JNava420
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by hlxanthus View Post
Just saying, having a dedicated menu on android 4.3+ is ridiculous. In 4.3 android changed to force menu softkeys in the navbar when available (or in app when navbar is not supported). Buy I can understand wanting to swap or add other buttons. Easy enough with xposed.

Sent from my Galaxy S4

Hey thank you for replying, Im not looking to add any buttons or switch them around really, my only goal is to make the navigation buttons look like the navigation buttons on a nexus/GP device will xposed let me do that as well?