Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,729,823 Members 51,749 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Motorola Atrix HD help.

Tip us?
 
bigjds
Old
#1  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 6
Join Date: Jan 2009
Default [Q] Motorola Atrix HD help.

I am hoping someone out there will be able to help me with my Motorola Atrix HD which I have soft bricked. Previously I was running it with Jellybean and safestrap installed. I flashed a ROM using safestrap, but apparently it was still pointing to the stock location. I got an error for the ROM installation and when I tried to reboot, it went to a screen with a android lying down with a red triangle. I was able to get it into Android System Recovery Utility, but haven't been able to get anything to install. I also tried RSD lite with the appropriate files and have received 1/24 partition errors, 1/23 partition errors, and several other errors. I have tried to flash CWM and install other roms, but nothing works. I would appreciate any help on this. Thank You.
 
palmbeach05
Old
#2  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 494
Posts: 1,446
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Ft. Walton Beach
Safestrap is a dead and extinct method. Use Mythtools and read about the edited xml files so you can properly flash via RSD.

Sent from my MB886 using xda app-developers app
The Following User Says Thank You to palmbeach05 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
skeevydude
Old
#3  
skeevydude's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2851
Posts: 2,850
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Hot Springs
See post #2 for the short answer.

Now for the cause:
You flashed an unlocked bootloader rom on a locked bootloader phone. The stock recovery you have access to will only flash signed roms from Motorola and you can't replace it with CWM until you've unlocked the phone. Like post 2 said, download MythTools and have it get you back to stock, say yes to using stock recovery, then either root it and do what you were doing or unlock it, install Philz CWM, and start using the custom roms. For RSD to work for you right now, extract the fastboot, open up the xml file, and delete the two lines with -- <step operation="oem" -- in them.

FWIW, we should have an actual KitKat update sometime eventually soon and that will contain a fix to prevent the bootloader from being unlocked. If you don't unlock the bootloader before that update you probably never will.

This is for Bell ICS stock. You have to use ATT JB fastboot's xml, don't copy/paste this -- the md5sums are different but the changes are the same. The lines to remove are in bold.

BEFORE
Code:
<?xml version="1.0"?>
<flashing>
  <header>
    <phone_model model="DINARA_CFC_FFW" />
    <software_version version="qinara_bell-user 4.0.4 7.7.1Q-115_MB886_BELL_FFW-12 18 release-keysQINARA_BP_1045.703.41.09P" />
    <interfaces>
      <interface name="AP" />
    </interfaces>
  </header>
  <steps interface="AP">
    <step operation="flash" partition="partition" filename="gpt_main0.bin" MD5="7DDA3A0C79737F7980373E25C028F26D" />
    <step operation="flash" partition="sbl1" filename="sbl1.mbn" MD5="497EADC7B6A9C37CE7E828E9CDCB2383" />
    <step operation="flash" partition="sbl2" filename="sbl2.mbn" MD5="E892D0369C886C4D8C4C4772A3035739" />
    <step operation="flash" partition="sbl3" filename="sbl3.mbn" MD5="D60717471D584B8FAD41365730512256" />
    <step operation="flash" partition="rpm" filename="rpm.mbn" MD5="F44809F0BE9CDF883D007DB2041DCEDA" />
    <step operation="flash" partition="tz" filename="tz.mbn" MD5="F41F0F575D52B390D576A89BC773DDB0" />
    <step operation="flash" partition="aboot" filename="emmc_appsboot.mbn" MD5="DA04D26F5C34F2A2F7FCF14003E65BF7" />
    <step operation="reboot-bootloader" />
    <step operation="oem" var="fb_mode_set" />
    <step operation="flash" partition="modem" filename="NON-HLOS.bin" MD5="ABBD3EE4CB254F620DEDF9A1DB337FF1" />
    <step operation="flash" partition="fsg" filename="fsg.mbn" MD5="35F8FBF53B46410B495357EA5CC4225D" />
    <step operation="erase" partition="modemst1" />
    <step operation="erase" partition="modemst2" />
    <step operation="flash" partition="logo" filename="logo.bin" MD5="6463DC057ABF889F3B83A4D3DA4CDD1E" />
    <step operation="flash" partition="boot" filename="boot.img" MD5="E7A95F72340F2F3E03EC2E1A4050FCAC" />
    <step operation="flash" partition="recovery" filename="recovery.img" MD5="FF8CDD711906306D3F876FC69AE0D192" />
    <step operation="flash" partition="devtree" filename="device_tree.bin" MD5="C5D0968CC8E8A2003CCDAE4D19F29031" />
    <step operation="flash" partition="system" filename="system.img.ext4" MD5="FFD273DED204C4388F6907AE0ECDE130" />
    <step operation="flash" partition="cdrom" filename="cdrom" MD5="14FDDA83BD7AC9DD5B829962A9F4C6BA" />
    <step operation="erase" partition="tombstones" />
    <step operation="erase" partition="cache" />
    <step operation="erase" partition="userdata" />
    <step operation="oem" var="fb_mode_clear" />
  </steps>
</flashing>
AFTER
Code:
<?xml version="1.0"?>
<flashing>
  <header>
    <phone_model model="DINARA_CFC_FFW" />
    <software_version version="qinara_bell-user 4.0.4 7.7.1Q-115_MB886_BELL_FFW-12 18 release-keysQINARA_BP_1045.703.41.09P" />
    <interfaces>
      <interface name="AP" />
    </interfaces>
  </header>
  <steps interface="AP">
    <step operation="flash" partition="partition" filename="gpt_main0.bin" MD5="7DDA3A0C79737F7980373E25C028F26D" />
    <step operation="flash" partition="sbl1" filename="sbl1.mbn" MD5="497EADC7B6A9C37CE7E828E9CDCB2383" />
    <step operation="flash" partition="sbl2" filename="sbl2.mbn" MD5="E892D0369C886C4D8C4C4772A3035739" />
    <step operation="flash" partition="sbl3" filename="sbl3.mbn" MD5="D60717471D584B8FAD41365730512256" />
    <step operation="flash" partition="rpm" filename="rpm.mbn" MD5="F44809F0BE9CDF883D007DB2041DCEDA" />
    <step operation="flash" partition="tz" filename="tz.mbn" MD5="F41F0F575D52B390D576A89BC773DDB0" />
    <step operation="flash" partition="aboot" filename="emmc_appsboot.mbn" MD5="DA04D26F5C34F2A2F7FCF14003E65BF7" />
    <step operation="reboot-bootloader" />
    <step operation="flash" partition="modem" filename="NON-HLOS.bin" MD5="ABBD3EE4CB254F620DEDF9A1DB337FF1" />
    <step operation="flash" partition="fsg" filename="fsg.mbn" MD5="35F8FBF53B46410B495357EA5CC4225D" />
    <step operation="erase" partition="modemst1" />
    <step operation="erase" partition="modemst2" />
    <step operation="flash" partition="logo" filename="logo.bin" MD5="6463DC057ABF889F3B83A4D3DA4CDD1E" />
    <step operation="flash" partition="boot" filename="boot.img" MD5="E7A95F72340F2F3E03EC2E1A4050FCAC" />
    <step operation="flash" partition="recovery" filename="recovery.img" MD5="FF8CDD711906306D3F876FC69AE0D192" />
    <step operation="flash" partition="devtree" filename="device_tree.bin" MD5="C5D0968CC8E8A2003CCDAE4D19F29031" />
    <step operation="flash" partition="system" filename="system.img.ext4" MD5="FFD273DED204C4388F6907AE0ECDE130" />
    <step operation="flash" partition="cdrom" filename="cdrom" MD5="14FDDA83BD7AC9DD5B829962A9F4C6BA" />
    <step operation="erase" partition="tombstones" />
    <step operation="erase" partition="cache" />
    <step operation="erase" partition="userdata" />
  </steps>
</flashing>
If I managed to help you, click Thanks.
Please post help questions in your respected devices Q&A forum. That's we have them.
If you need my help, add an @skeevydude to your post or quote me. I'll see it.
Thank You & Have a Nice Day.
Help Me Help You. Sign up for 15gb of free storage at Copy.com using this referral -- I get 5 more GB and you get 5 more GB. We both win.
Atrix HD Off Topic Thread
"Remember there are no stupid questions, just stupid people." -- Mr. Garrison
The Following User Says Thank You to skeevydude For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
bigjds
Old
#4  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 6
Join Date: Jan 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by palmbeach05 View Post
Safestrap is a dead and extinct method. Use Mythtools and read about the edited xml files so you can properly flash via RSD.

Sent from my MB886 using xda app-developers app
You are right. I've tried mythtools, but need to read about the edited xml files to flash via RSD.

Thanks for you help.
 
bigjds
Old
#5  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 6
Join Date: Jan 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by skeevydude View Post
See post #2 for the short answer.

Now for the cause:
You flashed an unlocked bootloader rom on a locked bootloader phone. The stock recovery you have access to will only flash signed roms from Motorola and you can't replace it with CWM until you've unlocked the phone. Like post 2 said, download MythTools and have it get you back to stock, say yes to using stock recovery, then either root it and do what you were doing or unlock it, install Philz CWM, and start using the custom roms. For RSD to work for you right now, extract the fastboot, open up the xml file, and delete the two lines with -- <step operation="oem" -- in them.

FWIW, we should have an actual KitKat update sometime eventually soon and that will contain a fix to prevent the bootloader from being unlocked. If you don't unlock the bootloader before that update you probably never will.

This is for Bell ICS stock. You have to use ATT JB fastboot's xml, don't copy/paste this -- the md5sums are different but the changes are the same. The lines to remove are in bold.

BEFORE
Code:
<?xml version="1.0"?>
<flashing>
  <header>
    <phone_model model="DINARA_CFC_FFW" />
    <software_version version="qinara_bell-user 4.0.4 7.7.1Q-115_MB886_BELL_FFW-12 18 release-keysQINARA_BP_1045.703.41.09P" />
    <interfaces>
      <interface name="AP" />
    </interfaces>
  </header>
  <steps interface="AP">
    <step operation="flash" partition="partition" filename="gpt_main0.bin" MD5="7DDA3A0C79737F7980373E25C028F26D" />
    <step operation="flash" partition="sbl1" filename="sbl1.mbn" MD5="497EADC7B6A9C37CE7E828E9CDCB2383" />
    <step operation="flash" partition="sbl2" filename="sbl2.mbn" MD5="E892D0369C886C4D8C4C4772A3035739" />
    <step operation="flash" partition="sbl3" filename="sbl3.mbn" MD5="D60717471D584B8FAD41365730512256" />
    <step operation="flash" partition="rpm" filename="rpm.mbn" MD5="F44809F0BE9CDF883D007DB2041DCEDA" />
    <step operation="flash" partition="tz" filename="tz.mbn" MD5="F41F0F575D52B390D576A89BC773DDB0" />
    <step operation="flash" partition="aboot" filename="emmc_appsboot.mbn" MD5="DA04D26F5C34F2A2F7FCF14003E65BF7" />
    <step operation="reboot-bootloader" />
    <step operation="oem" var="fb_mode_set" />
    <step operation="flash" partition="modem" filename="NON-HLOS.bin" MD5="ABBD3EE4CB254F620DEDF9A1DB337FF1" />
    <step operation="flash" partition="fsg" filename="fsg.mbn" MD5="35F8FBF53B46410B495357EA5CC4225D" />
    <step operation="erase" partition="modemst1" />
    <step operation="erase" partition="modemst2" />
    <step operation="flash" partition="logo" filename="logo.bin" MD5="6463DC057ABF889F3B83A4D3DA4CDD1E" />
    <step operation="flash" partition="boot" filename="boot.img" MD5="E7A95F72340F2F3E03EC2E1A4050FCAC" />
    <step operation="flash" partition="recovery" filename="recovery.img" MD5="FF8CDD711906306D3F876FC69AE0D192" />
    <step operation="flash" partition="devtree" filename="device_tree.bin" MD5="C5D0968CC8E8A2003CCDAE4D19F29031" />
    <step operation="flash" partition="system" filename="system.img.ext4" MD5="FFD273DED204C4388F6907AE0ECDE130" />
    <step operation="flash" partition="cdrom" filename="cdrom" MD5="14FDDA83BD7AC9DD5B829962A9F4C6BA" />
    <step operation="erase" partition="tombstones" />
    <step operation="erase" partition="cache" />
    <step operation="erase" partition="userdata" />
    <step operation="oem" var="fb_mode_clear" />
  </steps>
</flashing>
AFTER
Code:
<?xml version="1.0"?>
<flashing>
  <header>
    <phone_model model="DINARA_CFC_FFW" />
    <software_version version="qinara_bell-user 4.0.4 7.7.1Q-115_MB886_BELL_FFW-12 18 release-keysQINARA_BP_1045.703.41.09P" />
    <interfaces>
      <interface name="AP" />
    </interfaces>
  </header>
  <steps interface="AP">
    <step operation="flash" partition="partition" filename="gpt_main0.bin" MD5="7DDA3A0C79737F7980373E25C028F26D" />
    <step operation="flash" partition="sbl1" filename="sbl1.mbn" MD5="497EADC7B6A9C37CE7E828E9CDCB2383" />
    <step operation="flash" partition="sbl2" filename="sbl2.mbn" MD5="E892D0369C886C4D8C4C4772A3035739" />
    <step operation="flash" partition="sbl3" filename="sbl3.mbn" MD5="D60717471D584B8FAD41365730512256" />
    <step operation="flash" partition="rpm" filename="rpm.mbn" MD5="F44809F0BE9CDF883D007DB2041DCEDA" />
    <step operation="flash" partition="tz" filename="tz.mbn" MD5="F41F0F575D52B390D576A89BC773DDB0" />
    <step operation="flash" partition="aboot" filename="emmc_appsboot.mbn" MD5="DA04D26F5C34F2A2F7FCF14003E65BF7" />
    <step operation="reboot-bootloader" />
    <step operation="flash" partition="modem" filename="NON-HLOS.bin" MD5="ABBD3EE4CB254F620DEDF9A1DB337FF1" />
    <step operation="flash" partition="fsg" filename="fsg.mbn" MD5="35F8FBF53B46410B495357EA5CC4225D" />
    <step operation="erase" partition="modemst1" />
    <step operation="erase" partition="modemst2" />
    <step operation="flash" partition="logo" filename="logo.bin" MD5="6463DC057ABF889F3B83A4D3DA4CDD1E" />
    <step operation="flash" partition="boot" filename="boot.img" MD5="E7A95F72340F2F3E03EC2E1A4050FCAC" />
    <step operation="flash" partition="recovery" filename="recovery.img" MD5="FF8CDD711906306D3F876FC69AE0D192" />
    <step operation="flash" partition="devtree" filename="device_tree.bin" MD5="C5D0968CC8E8A2003CCDAE4D19F29031" />
    <step operation="flash" partition="system" filename="system.img.ext4" MD5="FFD273DED204C4388F6907AE0ECDE130" />
    <step operation="flash" partition="cdrom" filename="cdrom" MD5="14FDDA83BD7AC9DD5B829962A9F4C6BA" />
    <step operation="erase" partition="tombstones" />
    <step operation="erase" partition="cache" />
    <step operation="erase" partition="userdata" />
  </steps>
</flashing>
Thanks for the help. Do I need to enter the code listed in your post? Also what would I need to do to unlock the bootloader. I am a little new at this. Thanks again.
 
bigjds
Old
#6  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 6
Join Date: Jan 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjds View Post
Thanks for the help. Do I need to enter the code listed in your post? Also what would I need to do to unlock the bootloader. I am a little new at this. Thanks again.
After reading your post again, I realized I just need to remove the 2 lines from the xml file.

Thanks.
 
skeevydude
Old
#7  
skeevydude's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2851
Posts: 2,850
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Hot Springs
  • Just download MythTools. It'll do everything for you.
  • See the MythTools thread for links and getting it set up.
  • First use it to flash the stock att jb fastboot, the Android 4.1.1 one -- assuming you were using stock att jb here
  • All our fastboots are located here.
  • And when it gets to the recovery flash, select stock because you're locked
  • Let it boot up, and you can skip all setup and restoration crap, you'll be doing a factory reset real soon
  • Once booted to the homescreen, use MythTools to root it.
  • Once rooted and rebooted, use MythTools again to unlock the bootloader.
  • After that flash Philz CWM....Myth does that too.
  • When you unlock it does a factory reset so you can either setup the stock ATT
  • Or flash a different stock fastboot (use Myth....) or one of the many custom roms we have here.
If I managed to help you, click Thanks.
Please post help questions in your respected devices Q&A forum. That's we have them.
If you need my help, add an @skeevydude to your post or quote me. I'll see it.
Thank You & Have a Nice Day.
Help Me Help You. Sign up for 15gb of free storage at Copy.com using this referral -- I get 5 more GB and you get 5 more GB. We both win.
Atrix HD Off Topic Thread
"Remember there are no stupid questions, just stupid people." -- Mr. Garrison
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to skeevydude For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
bigjds
Old
#8  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 6
Join Date: Jan 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by skeevydude View Post
  • Just download MythTools. It'll do everything for you.
  • See the MythTools thread for links and getting it set up.
  • First use it to flash the stock att jb fastboot, the Android 4.1.1 one -- assuming you were using stock att jb here
  • All our fastboots are located here.
  • And when it gets to the recovery flash, select stock because you're locked
  • Let it boot up, and you can skip all setup and restoration crap, you'll be doing a factory reset real soon
  • Once booted to the homescreen, use MythTools to root it.
  • Once rooted and rebooted, use MythTools again to unlock the bootloader.
  • After that flash Philz CWM....Myth does that too.
  • When you unlock it does a factory reset so you can either setup the stock ATT
  • Or flash a different stock fastboot (use Myth....) or one of the many custom roms we have here.
Thank You!! It worked and my phone is back. I guess I just wasn't following directions. I do appreciate your help.

Thanks again.

Tags
atrix hd, roms, unbrick
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes