Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,738,775 Members 41,271 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

custom roms

Tip us?

darkshaft
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 37
Default custom roms

Sorry am newbie to KNOX system, but all Note 3 users especially N9005 who have custom roms voided their warranty?? I can't see a safe way of rooting and installing custom rom, is there a safe way??
Dr.E

Hit thanks if I helped

kenny1991
Old
Thanks Meter 27
Yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes. No no no no no no no no no.
You are a noob and want to flash custom roms? Good luck

korado
Old
Thanks Meter 149
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenny1991 View Post
Yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes. No no no no no no no no no.
You are a noob and want to flash custom roms? Good luck
And you,dear sir,are just rude !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkshaft View Post
Sorry am newbie to KNOX system, but all Note 3 users especially N9005 who have custom roms voided their warranty?? I can't see a safe way of rooting and installing custom rom, is there a safe way??
find and check few threads here on xda,DO A LOT OF READING and then decide
some of them to start with

double check everything before using anything,u are the only one responsible for your device
Korado
The Following User Says Thank You to korado For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

kenny1991
Old
Thanks Meter 27
And you very Nov

antique_sonic
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1088
Quote:
Do some more search u will know what to do.
1st u have to know ur built#. If it is mj3 above, no way u can have an untrip knox after rooting, even if u use urdlv mentioned on above post.

Even if u have lower than mj3, if u decide to flash custom recovery and rom, it will trip ur knox.

Even if let's say u have lower than mj3, u just do rooting with urdlv, when u want to upgrade to kitkat, ur root will be gone, and if u re root again, it will trip.

Conclusion : make up ur mind to throw the flag to enjoy note 3.
Before u decide to trip knox, test all the note 3 issue on ur device first, at least before knox trip, if anything wrong with ur device u can still claim warranty.

Cheers.

Sent from N9005 NC2 ROM.
~WJ~
Learn.... Learn.... & Learn
Learn till you die, and you will die a happy man

Q & A for XNote Galaxy S5 (All Questions about X-Note Galaxy S5 PORT) :
[Q&A]X-Note G900F S5 PORT
The Following User Says Thank You to antique_sonic For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

LiMz
Old
Thanks Meter 10
Quote:
If you want to flash, do so on the premise that you will lose your warranty. I've flashed hundreds of times and never bricked once. Just read. Then read again. Just when you thought your brain might implode. Read AGAIN!!

For your first time pick a rom that's used by the majority. Chances are any issues you come across have been dealt with. Also once a Rom has moved onto a high version number. Eg. Omega rom for note 3 it's on v12, they are just tweaking small things, so it's good to go with these. .

Don't be afraid

--
"Skate where the puckís going, not where itís been.Ē
- Wayne Gretzsky
The Following User Says Thank You to LiMz For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]