LG to Release Octa-Core “Nuclun” SoC in the LG G3 Screen

LG is set to follow the likes of Samsung and other manufacture its own … more

Lockdown Pro 2 Brings Material Design and Media Support

Back in March of this year, we took a look at a rather innovated security application … more

Mural Watchface Brings 500px to Android Wear

On a traditional watch, you can’t really do too much to change its appearance once … more

Android 5.0 Favorite Features, Release November 3rd? – XDA TV

Google Confirms Android 5.0 Lollipop for November 3rd! That and much more … more

Tempered Glass *Back*

OP NickSDC

30th March 2014, 05:03 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 4

13 posts
Wouldn't one of these be awesome? Maintain the stunning look of the M8, while adding protection? Sign me up. How do we get one made guys?
30th March 2014, 05:33 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 59

598 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by NickSDC

Wouldn't one of these be awesome? Maintain the stunning look of the M8, while adding protection? Sign me up. How do we get one made guys?

Sure, because it isn't slippery enough already.
30th March 2014, 05:56 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 4

13 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sfreemanoh

Sure, because it isn't slippery enough already.

Ever held a Nexus 4 or iPhone 4? Both have glass backs. They feel great. Glass is only more slippery than the brushed aluminum if you holding your phone with soapy hands. In that case, dry your hands.
31st March 2014, 01:05 AM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 243

870 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by NickSDC

Ever held a Nexus 4 or iPhone 4? Both have glass backs. They feel great. Glass is only more slippery than the brushed aluminum if you holding your phone with soapy hands. In that case, dry your hands.

Why glass?
31st March 2014, 07:20 AM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 49

261 posts
I highly doubt that this will be possible. Putting tempered glass on a screen is one thing, but trying to put it on a curved brushed metal surface is another. If someone can pull it off then major respect to that person...
31st March 2014, 07:23 AM   |  #6  
Chicago
Thanks Meter: 1,039

2,806 posts
Donate to Me
More
won't happen, the curved edges will never stay down, my g2 had curved edges on its screen and every glass protector had to be cut short of those edges because the edges of the protector never stuck
1st April 2014, 02:37 PM   |  #7  
Flag Rockford, IL
Thanks Meter: 29

202 posts
More
The best you're going to get is just a wet-apply protector for the back, like XtremeGuard or InvisibleShield. I personally would love it if Spigen still had their Incredible Shield series and made it for the M8. They had a matte fully body (wet-apply) protector which I used for my Nexus S and Macbook Air...

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread