[Q] Switching from GP rom to Sense.

Search This thread

Derk One

Mar 28, 2014
Dear people of XDA,

I've had my HTC One for a few months now and I must say I'm really enjoying it. I switched right after I got it to the GP rom, mainly because I didn't like the flipboard homescreen from Sense. But I've changed my mind, and I want to go back. But there's a small problem.

I'm not really great when it comes to installing ROM and stuff like that, so consider me a total noob. Alright, I'll get to the problem.

I can't flash another ROM. Why, you may ask, well that's because I can't enter recovery mode. It gives me an Android logo with a red triangle with a "!" in it. Well, I thought I'd have to flash a custom recovery then, so I tried that. But then again, the problem is my bootloader is (re)locked. Unlocking doesn't work, I've tried HTCdev, and Revone, but it doesn't work.

Now while trying that stuff, I've noticed a little red line in fastboot which wasn't there before. This is what it says:

Code:
[COLOR="Red"]OS-3.62.1700.1 (4.19.401.11)[/COLOR]

Not sure what that means and if it's important, because the phone boots as it always has.

So basically, I need to unlock my bootloader, to flash recovery, to install a new ROM. Can anyone help me figure this out?

Thanks in advance,

Derk

nkk71

Inactive Recognized Developer / Contributor
May 26, 2010
Beirut
Now while trying that stuff, I've noticed a little red line in fastboot which wasn't there before. This is what it says:

Code:
[COLOR="Red"]OS-3.62.1700.1 (4.19.401.11)[/COLOR]

Not sure what that means and if it's important, because the phone boots as it always has.

that means you were updating firmware from 3.62.1700.1 to 4.19.401.11, BUT you didnt do the second flash!! so it's in limbo

fastboot rebootRUU
fastboot flash zip firmware.zip
fastboot flash zip firmware.zip
<- you forgot to do this again
fastboot reboot-bootloader

are you S-On or S-Off, please post a "fastboot getvar all" excluding IMEI and s/n

Derk One

Mar 28, 2014
Code:
fastboot getvar all
(bootloader) version: 0.5
(bootloader) version-bootloader: 1.56.0000
(bootloader) version-baseband: 4T.21.3218.21
(bootloader) version-cpld: None
(bootloader) version-microp: None
(bootloader) version-main: 3.62.1700.1
(bootloader) version-misc: PVT SHIP S-ON
(bootloader) serialno: <randomnr>
(bootloader) imei: <randomnr>
(bootloader) meid: <randomnr>
(bootloader) product: m7_ul
(bootloader) platform: HBOOT-8064
(bootloader) modelid: PN0710000
(bootloader) cidnum: HTC__E11
(bootloader) battery-status: good
(bootloader) battery-voltage: 4321mV
(bootloader) partition-layout: Generic
(bootloader) security: on
(bootloader) build-mode: SHIP
(bootloader) boot-mode: FASTBOOT
(bootloader) commitno-bootloader: dirty-4dab9d12
(bootloader) hbootpreupdate: 11
(bootloader) gencheckpt: 0
all: Done!
finished. total time: 0.038s

That's the getvar all.

And I'm S-on. That's one of my main problems, I can't get s-off, with HTCdev, moonshine, rumrunner, revone, firewater.... I've tried them all, but none would get me s-off. @nkk71

Last edited:

nkk71

May 26, 2010
Beirut
Code:
fastboot getvar all
(bootloader) version-bootloader: 1.56.0000
(bootloader) version-baseband: 4T.21.3218.21
(bootloader) version-main: 3.62.1700.1
(bootloader) version-misc: PVT SHIP S-ON
(bootloader) product: m7_ul
[B](bootloader) modelid: PN0710000
(bootloader) cidnum: HTC__E11
[/B]finished. total time: 0.038s

That's the getvar all.

And I'm S-on. That's one of my main problems, I can't get s-off, with HTCdev, moonshine, rumrunner, revone, firewater.... I've tried them all, but none would get me s-off. @nkk71

Looks like a converted Sense to GPE edition phone? you should not have gone S-On!!

Since you're firmware is in limbo, you can flash signed firmware from here: http://xda7.androidrevolution.org/db_mirror/Firmware/index.php?dir=HTC/HTC_One/401/
Code:
[B]modelid: PN0710000[/B]
cidnum: HTC__001
cidnum: HTC__J15
[B]cidnum: HTC__E11[/B]
cidnum: HTC__203
cidnum: HTC__102
cidnum: HTC__405
cidnum: HTC__Y13
cidnum: HTC__A07
cidnum: HTC__304
cidnum: HTC__032
cidnum: HTC__016

I would recommend you try 4.19.401.9 not .11 because it's more complete:

540c596f23771e1ebd19cbe76e2cd58c.png

be9cc6f7f28b78eedaa070b81b3109b2.png

then try to get a new unlock token from HTCdev, and hope you can get your phone unlocked!!

Derk One

Mar 28, 2014
Good luck :fingers-crossed:

I've got the red OS thing away, but HTCdev still doesn't work. I can get the unlock code.bin from the email I get, but when I flash it, it said it's completed but my phones doesn't do anything.

Code:
sending 'unlocktoken' (0 KB)...
OKAY [  0.141s]
writing 'unlocktoken'...
(bootloader) unlock token check successfully
OKAY [  0.003s]
finished. total time: 0.144s

Yet nothing happens on my phone. @nkk71

nkk71

May 26, 2010
Beirut
I've got the red OS thing away, but HTCdev still doesn't work. I can get the unlock code.bin from the email I get, but when I flash it, it said it's completed but my phones doesn't do anything.

Code:
sending 'unlocktoken' (0 KB)...
OKAY [  0.141s]
writing 'unlocktoken'...
(bootloader) unlock token check successfully
OKAY [  0.003s]
finished. total time: 0.144s

Yet nothing happens on my phone. @nkk71

yeah that's not good :(

try doing a factory reset in stock recovery (use POWER + VOLUP to get to the menu in stock recovery), then get a new token again, and hope for the best

that's the problem when you go S-On, you pretty much f^ up yourself :(

Derk One

Mar 28, 2014
yeah that's not good :(

try doing a factory reset in stock recovery (use POWER + VOLUP to get to the menu in stock recovery), then get a new token again, and hope for the best

that's the problem when you go S-On, you pretty much f^ up yourself :(

I can't get into recovery mode. When I enter it, I see the HTC One phone with a triangle with a "!" in it. Any fix on that? @nkk71

Derk One

Mar 28, 2014
yeah that's stock recovery, now briefly press POWER + VOLUP to get the menu (you may have to try a couple of times to get the timing right

When I press VOLUP and powerbutton, the Google logo appears, takes a while and goes to a black screen. Then the stock recovery shops up. Did I flash it like I should?
@nkk71

nkk71

May 26, 2010
Beirut

Derk One

Mar 28, 2014
Alright I'm back. I've got it downloaded but I ran against another problem; the RUU doesn't work correctly.

Whenever I open it asks me to accept the license agreement, I check the 'yes', and press continue. Then nothing happens. Like, the RUU program closes and it's gone.

I've checked if the file is complete and it is, checked md5, also correct. Ugh, why do I always run into so many problem. *cries*
@nkk71

nkk71

May 26, 2010
Beirut
Alright I'm back. I've got it downloaded but I ran against another problem; the RUU doesn't work correctly.

Whenever I open it asks me to accept the license agreement, I check the 'yes', and press continue. Then nothing happens. Like, the RUU program closes and it's gone.

I've checked if the file is complete and it is, checked md5, also correct. Ugh, why do I always run into so many problem. *cries*

@nkk71

hmm :(

i guess you could take the signed ROM.ZIP from the temp folder, and try flashing it using fastboot, that would show more details

nkk71

May 26, 2010
Beirut

you don't like to make things easy, do you :(

send me a PM when you are online (probably tomorrow afternoon/evening), and better get teamviewer ready too :(

---------- Post added at 11:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:13 PM ----------

PS: can you upload that file somewhere else, looks like androidruu is giving me a hard time too... dont wanna wait 36 hours+ to be able to just look at the file.

Derk One

Mar 28, 2014
My upload speed is approx. 10 kb/second. Would take like 16 years to successfully upload. :p @nkk71

Last edited: