Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,728,048 Members 45,635 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Tempered Glass *Back*

Tip us?

NickSDC
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Default Tempered Glass *Back*

Wouldn't one of these be awesome? Maintain the stunning look of the M8, while adding protection? Sign me up. How do we get one made guys?

sfreemanoh
Old
Thanks Meter 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by NickSDC View Post
Wouldn't one of these be awesome? Maintain the stunning look of the M8, while adding protection? Sign me up. How do we get one made guys?
Sure, because it isn't slippery enough already.

NickSDC
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by sfreemanoh View Post
Sure, because it isn't slippery enough already.
Ever held a Nexus 4 or iPhone 4? Both have glass backs. They feel great. Glass is only more slippery than the brushed aluminum if you holding your phone with soapy hands. In that case, dry your hands.

HughesNet
Old
Thanks Meter 241
Quote:
Originally Posted by NickSDC View Post
Ever held a Nexus 4 or iPhone 4? Both have glass backs. They feel great. Glass is only more slippery than the brushed aluminum if you holding your phone with soapy hands. In that case, dry your hands.
Why glass?

Crazypinoy9
Old
Thanks Meter 48
I highly doubt that this will be possible. Putting tempered glass on a screen is one thing, but trying to put it on a curved brushed metal surface is another. If someone can pull it off then major respect to that person...

djkinetic
Old
Thanks Meter 1019

DONATE TO ME
won't happen, the curved edges will never stay down, my g2 had curved edges on its screen and every glass protector had to be cut short of those edges because the edges of the protector never stuck
Current Devices:

One Plus One Sandstone Black 64GB
LG G3 D851 SIM Unlocked (ATT) 32GB
HTC One M8 32GB Gunmetal Grey
LG G-Pad 8.3 GPE
Google Nexus 7 16 GB (2013)

Google Chromecast

Add me to your Google+ Circle: https://plus.google.com/106721746210047548500/posts

raichur0xx0rz
Old
Thanks Meter 29
The best you're going to get is just a wet-apply protector for the back, like XtremeGuard or InvisibleShield. I personally would love it if Spigen still had their Incredible Shield series and made it for the M8. They had a matte fully body (wet-apply) protector which I used for my Nexus S and Macbook Air...