Fix for T-Mobile LTE?

Search This thread

CB620

Jan 6, 2009
Is there a workaround or any suggestions to get everything functional such as calls etc.

As of now only data works but you can't receive or send out messages,make calls etc.

When connected to H+ everything works flawlessly and the carrier shows, when connected to LTE only data works nothing else and the phone can't identify what carrier is being used.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

UPDATE:

The issue seems to be that Verizon by default is locking the GSM radio. Users are reporting the same in the Moto X and Droid Ultra forum. Users using 4.4.2 on T-Mobile with a Verizon device.

Last edited:

Nov 21, 2012
Is there a workaround or any suggestions to get everything functional such as calls etc.

As of now only data works but you can't receive or send out messages,make calls etc.

When connected to H+ everything works flawlessly and the carrier shows, when connected to LTE only data works nothing else and the phone can't identify what carrier is being used.

UPDATE:

The issue seems to be that Verizon by default is locking the GSM radio. Users are reporting the same in the Moto X and Droid Ultra forum. Users using 4.4.2 on T-Mobile with a Verizon device.

I thought verizon was forced to sim unlock all their lte devices?

njneer

Mar 19, 2010
Was curious if anyone else was having this issue. Any thoughts that it might be related to skipping Verizon activation? When I got the phone, wasn't activated and on first turn on it prompted activating Verizon Sim but I exited out and just popped in T-Mobile Sim.

UPDATE:

levilib

Nov 29, 2011
AFAIK, LTE (unless the carrier is using voLTE) is a data only network. Verizon uses LTE for data and CDMA for calls and text.
Verizon seems to only allow GSM/UMTS or CDMA/LTE on the M8 at one time, there doesn't seem to be a true Global mode that allows GSM/UMTS and LTE to run at the same time.
That would explain why people are reporting either LTE or calls/texting (which, as above mentioned, only works on 2G/3G (be that CDMA or GSM))
The question is, is there a way to get around this? On the S3/S4 there was an app called phoneinfo which showed more modes than the Mobile Network settings menu. Is there such a thing for the M8?
This is quite disappointing news for me, since this is the first Verizon phone I'm aware of that has the 1800MHz LTE band, and that's the band used in Australia where I'm headed soon. I was excited about being able to finally use LTE there! I guess I'll have a choice between LTE and calls/text like all those in this thread using T-Mobile.

Thought I'd copy this here

prdog1

Mar 10, 2012
Houston, Texas
Will never get 4G LTE on any other carrier besides Verizon in the US. Never have. Never will. Those radio bands are blocked at chip level. :cool:

prdog1

Mar 10, 2012
Houston, Texas
They got the M8 Lte work with T-Mobile but Calls and messages are not working while you have LTE

youtube.com/watch?v=oJwqFersSoo

More than likely it is same as Verizon. Won't happen till they have voice and data both over AWS network. Currently on Verizon data is on LTE and voice is on CDMA. If can get into signal settings may be a way to lock the voice section in. It is not on LTE. Verizon has had the two linked since TBolt. Others have had a problem doing this. Has to be able to do dual band at same time. Also shouldn't get LTE at all if not in T-Mobile AWS area. :cool:

Last edited:

levilib

Nov 29, 2011
Unless T-Mobile rolls out voLTE and the M8 is compatible, the VZW M8 won't work for both call/sms and LTE data simultaneously. The other solution would be figuring out a new mode that allows LTE and GSM/UMTS to work together, maybe a software update will do that, but something tells me VZW isn't running to make our lives easier in this regard (Unless they start offering international 4G LTE roaming, then they'll have to fix this issue - and that might be on the horizon as this is the first VZW phone to have LTE bands that VZW doesn't use nor has any plans to use, such band 3 1800MHz)