Suggestions please. Phone melted...

OP rust991

30th March 2014, 05:51 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 3

51 posts
So when I plugged in my phone last night and left it. An hour or two later I came back to it and it was hot (not unusual). Upon looking at the stock charger and micro USB port it was charred and melted. Phone will not charge, nor connect to a computer. I am running a week old version of liquid smooth march 14th (probably not important, but it will clearly indicate that I do not have a warranty to anyone at at&t). And I'm running the latest CWM touch recovery. I know people who also own galaxy s4s, so I can get a charged battery, but that can't be permanent. Anyone think there is a chance of flashing back to stock and possibly getting my warranty? Or should I just look into a new phone? Any recommendations? I haven't really kept up with this years phones.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using xda app-developers app
30th March 2014, 07:18 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 635

1,265 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rust991

So when I plugged in my phone last night and left it. An hour or two later I came back to it and it was hot (not unusual). Upon looking at the stock charger and micro USB port it was charred and melted. Phone will not charge, nor connect to a computer. I am running a week old version of liquid smooth march 14th (probably not important, but it will clearly indicate that I do not have a warranty to anyone at at&t). And I'm running the latest CWM touch recovery. I know people who also own galaxy s4s, so I can get a charged battery, but that can't be permanent. Anyone think there is a chance of flashing back to stock and possibly getting my warranty? Or should I just look into a new phone? Any recommendations? I haven't really kept up with this years phones.

You could flash stock and get warranty, but there's a good chance they'd send you back an updated phone. Your best bet is probably to get an external battery charger and have two on you, or try and get some other phone repair service. Otherwise, you send it in for warranty and get stuck in the same TW only boat with the lot of us.
30th March 2014, 07:37 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 24

74 posts
Quote:

You could get a new usb ribbon. Until then to charge, if you strip an old usb and connect it to the terminal on the back used for wireless charging it will charge your phone, kind of slow though
30th March 2014, 07:51 PM   |  #4  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 3

51 posts
I was thinking about wireless charging. Does it work well?

30th March 2014, 08:29 PM   |  #5  
Flag Houston
Thanks Meter: 469

2,723 posts
More
Quote:

I was thinking about wireless charging. Does it work well?

i hear mixed results on nfc. the samsung replacement battery cover is much thicker as it also includes an additional nfc antenna. theres a few aftermarket charging receivers that fit under the stock cover but i think the bigger ones cover the nfc antenna.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread