Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,731,985 Members 41,202 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

z1c touchscreen issues?

Tip us?

EdgarPrao
Old
Thanks Meter 1
I figured out that the issue even exists if the aluminum frame is touched. From my opinion because of that the solution to remove the case is only reducing the frequency of the occurrence, it does not finally solve the problem.

Anyhow I don't use any case or cover.

I will return the phone and get my money back. I'm very sorry about that because I have been waiting for the phone to replace my old Xperia ray for nearly one year.

This touchscreen bug has been discovered on Xperia Z and Z1 and z1s, now the same error applies to the z1c. Sorry Sony, I will not buy an Xperia phone anymore.

ziggyball
Old
Thanks Meter 1
I was having severe touch-screen issues where the screen would miss swipes and swipes would register as broken.

Over the weekend I did a full reset, upgraded to kitkat and removed the anti-shatter-film. I have only had 1 missed swipe since then, with 3 full days use!

The screen now feels and responds like any other mobile phone screen - it's a revelation on the device!

toxic_garden
Old
Thanks Meter 44
This might be of interest for some of you: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2679245

Gesendet von meinem Nexus 7 mit Tapatalk
current Phone: Xperia Z1 Compact / CWM / Stock 4.4.4
current Tab: Nexus 7 (2013) / CWM / CleanRomROM 4.4.4 /

Naomarik
Old
Thanks Meter 0
My problem only happens when the screen is a bit smudged. It seems to conduct the fingerprint oil. As soon as the screen starts losing swipes or registering touches and I swipe the screen across my clothes, it's fine. If my hands are very dry it never screws up.