Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,730,130 Members 53,925 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] nook hd+ stuck in boot loop

Tip us?
 
parkerchad82
Old
#1  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 3
Join Date: Mar 2014
Default [Q] nook hd+ stuck in boot loop

Having trouble doing anything with my nook hd+, i have it running on cm 10.2. the problem is that after i tried updating twrp from 2.6.xx to 2.7 with the flashify app it i rebooted it to try it out but instead of booting it got stuck in a boot loop. it powers on for about 3 secs and cuts back off and continues doing this until i hold down the power button and turn it off. i have tried everything i could think of but nothing works!! if anyone could help that would be great. ps im new to most of this
 
sandsofmyst
Old
#2  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 59
Posts: 226
Join Date: Oct 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by parkerchad82 View Post
Having trouble doing anything with my nook hd+, i have it running on cm 10.2. the problem is that after i tried updating twrp from 2.6.xx to 2.7 with the flashify app it i rebooted it to try it out but instead of booting it got stuck in a boot loop. it powers on for about 3 secs and cuts back off and continues doing this until i hold down the power button and turn it off. i have tried everything i could think of but nothing works!! if anyone could help that would be great. ps im new to most of this
Holding power + home doesn't bring up recovery either?

You'd then need to adb flash the recovery or make an sdcard bootable and put the sdcard recovery on there which would then be started by the device and then you can fix from there. Go with the one you have already available first.
HTC sensation 4G | cm11 albinoman ROM - 3/2/14 Workaround for incoming phone calls going to missed (including the swipe issue) with all cm based roms -> http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=884 (Longest recorded uptime: 1,060 hours)
Nook HD+ 32 | cm11 emmc official ROM (Longest recorded uptime: 331 hours with much daily use)
....Nook HD+ 16 | (Returned due to random reboots; defective tablet)
The Following User Says Thank You to sandsofmyst For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
parkerchad82
Old
#3  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 3
Join Date: Mar 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandsofmyst View Post
Holding power + home doesn't bring up recovery either?

You'd then need to adb flash the recovery or make an sdcard bootable and put the sdcard recovery on there which would then be started by the device and then you can fix from there. Go with the one you have already available first.
no ive tried holding power + home but all it does is turn off the nook and i have tried using a bootable sd card but the nook doesnt seem to want to boot up on that either. As of using adb i have tried to use it but it will not connect to the device for me to flash anything to it. It may be to my lack of experience using adb or fastboot.
 
leapinlar
Old
#4  
leapinlar's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3541
Posts: 8,085
Join Date: Oct 2006

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by parkerchad82 View Post
no ive tried holding power + home but all it does is turn off the nook...
You are holding power too long. Hold power and n together for a few seconds releasing power first followed by releasing n. It should boot to recovery (either stock or CWM).

Sent from my SCH-i705 using Tapatalk
See my Nook Color Tips Thread here,
and my Nook Color EMMC Partition Repair Thread here,
and my Nook Color Updated CM SD Installation Instructions here,
and my Nook HD/HD+ stock tips thread here
and my Nook HD/HD+ CWM Root Tools thread here
e.mote's Nook HD/HD+ Dummies Guide for installing CM10.1/CM10.2/CM11 here
The Following User Says Thank You to leapinlar For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
parkerchad82
Old
#5  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 3
Join Date: Mar 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by leapinlar View Post
You are holding power too long. Hold power and n together for a few seconds releasing power first followed by releasing n. It should boot to recovery (either stock or CWM).

Sent from my SCH-i705 using Tapatalk
i have tried all sorts of button combinations including like you just said. the nook powers on for maybe 3 secs shows the word "nook" and cuts back off not enough time to do anything with
 
leapinlar
Old
#6  
leapinlar's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3541
Posts: 8,085
Join Date: Oct 2006

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by parkerchad82 View Post
i have tried all sorts of button combinations including like you just said. the nook powers on for maybe 3 secs shows the word "nook" and cuts back off not enough time to do anything with
Your emmc is messed up. I suggest you go to my HD/HD+ CWM thread and make a new bootable CWM SD per item 1a and then use that to install a plain stock zip from item 6. That should repair the files on emmc and you can start over with CM11.

Sent from my BN NookHD+ using XDA Premium HD app
See my Nook Color Tips Thread here,
and my Nook Color EMMC Partition Repair Thread here,
and my Nook Color Updated CM SD Installation Instructions here,
and my Nook HD/HD+ stock tips thread here
and my Nook HD/HD+ CWM Root Tools thread here
e.mote's Nook HD/HD+ Dummies Guide for installing CM10.1/CM10.2/CM11 here
 
Jon Lee
Old
#7  
Member
Thanks Meter 69
Posts: 63
Join Date: Jan 2014
If you mess up the internal emmc recovery, your nook will behave exactly as described.
(trust me, I've been there).

The cure is to (re)flash a working recovery from a sdcard recovery.
Some people complain that it's hard to get their device to boot from sdcard.
Sometimes it helps to plug in your nook to entice it to boot from sd.

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


XDA PORTAL POSTS

Cast Your Device Screen the Way it Was Meant to be with Second Screen

Not too long ago here on the XDA Portal, we covered how Google had made … more

Samsung Gear Live Unboxed the XDA Way – XDA Developer TV

XDA Developer TV Producer AdamOutleris known for his XDA Unboxingseries where … more

Make Your Own DIY Capacitive Stylus

The XDA Portal is a place where we like to talkabout things that are interesting, fun, and sometimes … more