Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,737,173 Members 40,674 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q]requirements/tools, programming lang. required to build a messaging app in android

Tip us?

patokirui
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q]requirements/tools, programming lang. required to build a messaging app in android

iam interested in learning how whatsapp or viber was build. i want to build one of such kind with excellent feature. please lead me to the right programming tools required and sdk that i may learn everything before i build one in android mobile.

cascio97
Old
Thanks Meter 34

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by patokirui View Post
iam interested in learning how whatsapp or viber was build. i want to build one of such kind with excellent feature. please lead me to the right programming tools required and sdk that i may learn everything before i build one in android mobile.
I started developing Android almost 3 years ago. As for today, the only programming tools I've ever used to build Android APPS (not Games) were Android Studio and Eclipse (ADT Plugin). Please consider that Whatsapp, Viber and other messaging apps (Telegram and more) are COMPLETELY based on customised version of XMPP which is a "open standard Extensible Messaging and Presence Protocol (XMPP)." (Wikipedia). You could try to start developing something like that but if you just started the Android Developing I wouldn't suggest such difficult things... If you need help, I'm always here!
Hey man, press the THANKS btn if I helped!

Devices I have had:

LG Nexus 5 (current, AWESOME)
LG G Flex D958 (sold)
Samsung Galaxy S3 i9305 (sold)
Samsung Galaxy Note 3 N9005 (sold)
Google Nexus 5 D820 (sold)
Google Nexus 4 Mako (sold)
HTC One 801e (sold)
Sony Xperia Z1 C6903 (sold)
iPhone 5s (sold)
LG Optimus 7 E900 (sold)
LG Optimus One P500 (broken)