Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,736,007 Members 40,043 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

GSam shows more screen on time!

Tip us?

phobius87
Old
(Last edited by phobius87; 30th March 2014 at 10:15 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 13
Default GSam shows more screen on time!

Today I installed GSam app from Google Play. I have noticed it shows more screen on time than statitics in battery settings. I'm on 86% currently, and battery settings shows 55 minutes, while GSam shows 1 hour and 10 minutes. I was wondering why I'm getting less SOT on KitKat, and now I'm starting to think there's some false reading in default battery settings section. Has anyone noticed this?

Rashad83
Old
Thanks Meter 20
Did u restart ur phone or turn it off, the moment you turn it off for like 5 min or more the counting is reset and u lose previous stats. This is not an issue, it's simply how LG designed it.

Sent from my LG-D802 using xda app-developers app

phobius87
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 13
No I didn't. I charged my phone untill it reached 100%, and then unplugged it from charger.

tobias14
Old
Thanks Meter 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by phobius87 View Post
Today I installed GSam app from Google Play. I have noticed it shows more screen on time than statitics in battery settings. I'm on 86% currently, and battery settings shows 55 minutes, while GSam shows 1 hour and 10 minutes. I was wondering why I'm getting less SOT on KitKat, and now I'm starting to think there's some false reading in default battery settings section. Has anyone noticed this?
i have noticed the same thing since update to KK.. strange...

phobius87
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 13
Suddenly, now GSam shows less SOT, than Settings. I'm on 62%, and Settings shows 2h 56min of SOT, and GSam shows 2h 44min of SOT. Strange.

Sent from my LG-D802 using Tapatalk

gull_s_777
Old
Thanks Meter 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by phobius87 View Post
Suddenly, now GSam shows less SOT, than Settings. I'm on 62%, and Settings shows 2h 56min of SOT, and GSam shows 2h 44min of SOT. Strange.

Gsam gets reset as soon as you plugin the phone, but settings don't unless it is full. You might have connected to PC which could have reset Gsam but left the settings same.

phobius87
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 13
I didn't do any connecting or disconecting. I don't know whay this was happening.

Anyways, I just can't get more than 5 hours SOT on my phone. Bluetooth and location are off. Wifi and Data are on. Brightness is on auto, but I'v noticed that auto allways sets it to 20% of brightness. I do no gaming on my phone, only about 30 minutes of phone calls, WhatsApp and Facebook with Syncing on. Is this normal? My battery life on 4.2.2 was definitly better.

somnambulator
Old
Thanks Meter 7
gsam is fully configurable. I have changed it's setting to reset only when fully charged. since my phone is rarely plugged in throughput the day and even less rarely plugged in and not charged to full, this made sense.

Sent from my xposed VZW G2, using unlimited data