HELP-Problem With System.img when using recovery tool.

OP Kagari_

30th March 2014, 09:02 PM   |  #11  
Flag Midwest
Thanks Meter: 410

1,716 posts
Donate to Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kagari_

Definitely a KFHD7. Fixing it remotely sounds like my only option right now, because I'm stumped. Also, sorry it took me so long to reply. Vacation.

Edit: You said definitely a KFHD, I misread. Does it have a camera and HDMI output or no? Did you check the images you downloaded to make sure they are there and that the download did not get corrupted.

Edit2: The 2013 KFHD will not work with the 2012 system restore but will with the 2012. This problem never really happened with the KFHD7 far as I can remember.

Sent from my Nexus 7 Flo running Odex SinLess ROM 4.4.2 with ElementalX kernel using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Last edited by LinearEquation; 30th March 2014 at 09:07 PM.
30th March 2014, 10:14 PM   |  #12  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

20 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by LinearEquation

Edit: You said definitely a KFHD, I misread. Does it have a camera and HDMI output or no? Did you check the images you downloaded to make sure they are there and that the download did not get corrupted.

Edit2: The 2013 KFHD will not work with the 2012 system restore but will with the 2012. This problem never really happened with the KFHD7 far as I can remember.

Sent from my Nexus 7 Flo running Odex SinLess ROM 4.4.2 with ElementalX kernel using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Yep, front camera and hdmi.
It's definitely the 2012 edition, as I got it for Christmas in 2012. Unless the 2013 version was released in 2012, like they do with the guiness world records books.
I've been trying to flash them manually but I keep getting <waiting for device>
For KFHD7 it's x0149 right?
30th March 2014, 10:25 PM   |  #13  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

20 posts
More
Quote:

It's definitely the 2012 edition, as I got it for Christmas in 2012. Unless the 2013 version was released in 2012, like they do with the guiness world records books.

Might be a dumb idea, but If I download the latest update.zip from the amazon website, and flash it using fastboot would that work?
30th March 2014, 10:41 PM   |  #14  
Flag Midwest
Thanks Meter: 410

1,716 posts
Donate to Me
Quote:

Waiting for device means your fastboot is not being recognized. Can you copy/paste the path you have set up. It's the tool folder path from the SDK package. You want to make sure the drivers are set up properly to.

---------- Post added at 04:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:39 PM ----------

Quote:

Might be a dumb idea, but If I download the latest update.zip from the amazon website, and flash it using fastboot would that work?

No, not at all. Images have to be made a certain way to flash via fastboot. Besides your fastboot is not being recognized so nothing will flash atm.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread