Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,808,448 Members 40,432 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Tutorial] How to mod files for Safestrap Alpha

Tip us?

HerroMoto
Old
Thanks Meter 52
I don't get it I edited the zips and then when i try to flash in recovery it just says failed? it doesn't give me a specific reason. This is for n3bula rom. But i extracted using winrar, deleted boot.img, changed the aroma config and updated zip using wordpad, zipped the rom and it doesn't seem to work. is there something i'm doing wrong?

roflcoptersoisoi
Old
Thanks Meter 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by HerroMoto View Post
I don't get it I edited the zips and then when i try to flash in recovery it just says failed? it doesn't give me a specific reason. This is for n3bula rom. But i extracted using winrar, deleted boot.img, changed the aroma config and updated zip using wordpad, zipped the rom and it doesn't seem to work. is there something i'm doing wrong?
After you deleted the boot.img there is no point in editing the rest. I used 7zip to unzip and rezip and have not had any problems yet. Winrar might be causing problems for all i know as i never use it. I'm not around my pc for the most part atm but i haven't had any problems flashing 4 or 5 roms with just deleting the boot.img.

HerroMoto
Old
Thanks Meter 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by roflcoptersoisoi View Post
After you deleted the boot.img there is no point in editing the rest. I used 7zip to unzip and rezip and have not had any problems yet. Winrar might be causing problems for all i know as i never use it. I'm not around my pc for the most part atm but i haven't had any problems flashing 4 or 5 roms with just deleting the boot.img.
I ended up fixing it. I tried doing it through winrar and from root explorer on my phone. The way I got it to work was actually downloading the aroma-config file and uodater-script file from the development thread that beast mode provided and changed those. He happened to use nebula as well so everything is working great

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Beastmode
Old
Thanks Meter 7,368

DONATE TO ME
Ive tried n3bula alliance and jediwiz(?) And all have worked out for me need some time to work SS!! Lol

If you love it then hit thanks or donate button :P
My Work:
Love it or leave it :P
Troll me? Go ahead i don't mind
GPL Compliant right here! haha
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Beastmode For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

thevillageidiot
Old
(Last edited by thevillageidiot; 29th March 2014 at 08:26 PM.)
Thanks Meter 5
So I have to delete stuff in the updater script and the boot.img correct? I opened the updater script in notepad and it looked nothing like that..

trying to install Jett rom and im not sure what will happen when I delete that kernel line..

already deleted boot.img
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Untitled.jpg
Views:	114
Size:	145.8 KB
ID:	2657655  

hggadm3
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 14
Just delete the boot.img nothing else

The Following User Says Thank You to hggadm3 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

thevillageidiot
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by hggadm3 View Post
Just delete the boot.img nothing else

Excellent. Thank you!!!

ProjectAlly
Old
(Last edited by ProjectAlly; 31st March 2014 at 04:22 AM.)
Thanks Meter 1
Sorry for the dumb question but what do I do if the rom of choice isn't showing up on the root of my extSD?

EDIT:
Nevermind, to anyone who saw my last post(s), I'm an idiot .
Ran through Odin, re-rooted, re-installed Safestrap, now installing N3bula Rom.
Hope all goes well. And sorry for any inconvenience!

Hope my donation helped out some Beastmode!

Tags
safestrap