APKTool Updated with Android Lollipop Support

One of the beauties of Android is the level of flexibility we have over our devices. Whether … more

Lollipop Leak for Sprint Galaxy S5, TWRP for Micromax Canvas Magnus – XDA TV

Android 5.0 Lollipop has been leaked for the Sprint … more

Velocity is Like OpenTable on Steroids

We all enjoy a night out with friends or our significant other from time to time. However, there is … more

Android Lollipop Lands for the Sony Xperia Z Ultra

The undisputed king of the beasts–at least in Sony’s current stable,is the … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Poor Sound Quality

OP sHaHiN786

31st March 2014, 02:30 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Manchester
Thanks Meter: 119

497 posts
More
Ok, has anybody else noticed the poor sound quality when you playback music on your headset? There's a hiss and you sometimes here sounds break up. I noticed this last night while I was playing music. I didn't expect this on a premium device. Really disappointed, anybody know if this has been mentioned or is waiting to be fixed?
31st March 2014, 02:41 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 96

664 posts
I don't have that issue but I use Google Music.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using xda app-developers app
31st March 2014, 04:00 AM   |  #3  
Flag Pittsburgh
Thanks Meter: 1

34 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sHaHiN786

Ok, has anybody else noticed the poor sound quality when you playback music on your headset? There's a hiss and you sometimes here sounds break up. I noticed this last night while I was playing music. I didn't expect this on a premium device. Really disappointed, anybody know if this has been mentioned or is waiting to be fixed?

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2696620

Doesnt appear that anyone in the audio review thread are running i to this issue, may be a faulty unit worth getting fixed, or atleast try the audio on a store unit with your headphones and see how that goes.
31st March 2014, 05:08 AM   |  #4  
Flag South Carolina
Thanks Meter: 359

1,228 posts
More
I was listening on the earbuds it came with earlier and didn't notice anything when using Spotify. Just now used it with my Audio Technica ATH-M50s and still no hissing or breaking up with Spotify. Spotify and Google Music is all I use and I stream all of my music. Not sure if that makes a difference.
31st March 2014, 09:44 AM   |  #5  
Flag East Kilbride
Thanks Meter: 288

1,323 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by P1 Wookie

I was listening on the earbuds it came with earlier and didn't notice anything when using Spotify. Just now used it with my Audio Technica ATH-M50s and still no hissing or breaking up with Spotify. Spotify and Google Music is all I use and I stream all of my music. Not sure if that makes a difference.

Same as me. I just stream all my music with Spotify. No problems here, audio is fantastic and crisp.

Sorry to hear you're having issues.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
31st March 2014, 10:25 AM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 5

192 posts
Purexaudio works on ARHD Rom, and makes my Westones worth the bucks spent. Greatly improved the audio without BoomSound enabled.

You can find it on the one x thread.

Sent from my HTC One_M8
Last edited by mayad79; 31st March 2014 at 10:28 AM.
1st April 2014, 12:48 AM   |  #7  
OP Senior Member
Flag Manchester

497 posts
More
I think I've found the problem, it happens on low volume, turn Boomsound off when you're listening to music at low levels, i.e. at sleeping time.
1st April 2014, 12:59 AM   |  #8  
Thanks Meter: 0

5 posts
Heya, sorry if my question is a bit irrelevant to the audio quality of the phone, but do the audio volume controls on your headphones work on the m8?

I've tried using my apple earbuds controls on my M7, and only the play/pause button works...nothing more. Did they change that for the m8?

Thanks.
1st April 2014, 01:10 AM   |  #9  
OP Senior Member
Flag Manchester

497 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kirtusl92

Heya, sorry if my question is a bit irrelevant to the audio quality of the phone, but do the audio volume controls on your headphones work on the m8?

I've tried using my apple earbuds controls on my M7, and only the play/pause button works...nothing more. Did they change that for the m8?

Thanks.

Could be that it's incompatible to iPhone controls. I've not used them.
1st April 2014, 01:26 AM   |  #10  
Thanks Meter: 0

5 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sHaHiN786

Could be that it's incompatible to iPhone controls. I've not used them.

I've used the earphones that came with the samsung galaxy note 2 (since my brother has them) on the M7, and its not working as well.

Why would HTC do such a thing

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread