Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,729,384 Members 44,573 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Poor Sound Quality

Tip us?
 
sHaHiN786
Old
#1  
sHaHiN786's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 118
Posts: 496
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Manchester
Default Poor Sound Quality

Ok, has anybody else noticed the poor sound quality when you playback music on your headset? There's a hiss and you sometimes here sounds break up. I noticed this last night while I was playing music. I didn't expect this on a premium device. Really disappointed, anybody know if this has been mentioned or is waiting to be fixed?
HTC One (M8) - Gunmetal Brushed Grey

Don't forget to slap that 'thanks' button if I've been of help.
 
Hardcore73
Old
#2  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 85
Posts: 602
Join Date: Dec 2011
I don't have that issue but I use Google Music.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using xda app-developers app
 
Resputan
Old
#3  
Resputan's Avatar
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 27
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Pittsburgh
Quote:
Originally Posted by sHaHiN786 View Post
Ok, has anybody else noticed the poor sound quality when you playback music on your headset? There's a hiss and you sometimes here sounds break up. I noticed this last night while I was playing music. I didn't expect this on a premium device. Really disappointed, anybody know if this has been mentioned or is waiting to be fixed?
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2696620

Doesnt appear that anyone in the audio review thread are running i to this issue, may be a faulty unit worth getting fixed, or atleast try the audio on a store unit with your headphones and see how that goes.
 
P1 Wookie
Old
#4  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 331
Posts: 1,129
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: South Carolina
I was listening on the earbuds it came with earlier and didn't notice anything when using Spotify. Just now used it with my Audio Technica ATH-M50s and still no hissing or breaking up with Spotify. Spotify and Google Music is all I use and I stream all of my music. Not sure if that makes a difference.
-HTC One (M8)
GPE Conversion

-Old Devices
iPhone 3GS | iPhone 4 | Infuse 4G | Galaxy SII | Galaxy Nexus | Nexus 7 | Note 2 | G2
 
kickassdave
Old
#5  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 218
Posts: 1,145
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: East Kilbride
Quote:
Originally Posted by P1 Wookie View Post
I was listening on the earbuds it came with earlier and didn't notice anything when using Spotify. Just now used it with my Audio Technica ATH-M50s and still no hissing or breaking up with Spotify. Spotify and Google Music is all I use and I stream all of my music. Not sure if that makes a difference.
Same as me. I just stream all my music with Spotify. No problems here, audio is fantastic and crisp.

Sorry to hear you're having issues.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
 
mayad79
Old
(Last edited by mayad79; 31st March 2014 at 09:28 AM.)
#6  
mayad79's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 5
Posts: 189
Join Date: Jun 2008
Purexaudio works on ARHD Rom, and makes my Westones worth the bucks spent. Greatly improved the audio without BoomSound enabled.

You can find it on the one x thread.

Sent from my HTC One_M8
 
sHaHiN786
Old
#7  
sHaHiN786's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 118
Posts: 496
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Manchester
I think I've found the problem, it happens on low volume, turn Boomsound off when you're listening to music at low levels, i.e. at sleeping time.
HTC One (M8) - Gunmetal Brushed Grey

Don't forget to slap that 'thanks' button if I've been of help.
 
kirtusl92
Old
#8  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 5
Join Date: Mar 2014
Heya, sorry if my question is a bit irrelevant to the audio quality of the phone, but do the audio volume controls on your headphones work on the m8?

I've tried using my apple earbuds controls on my M7, and only the play/pause button works...nothing more. Did they change that for the m8?

Thanks.
 
sHaHiN786
Old
#9  
sHaHiN786's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 118
Posts: 496
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Manchester
Quote:
Originally Posted by kirtusl92 View Post
Heya, sorry if my question is a bit irrelevant to the audio quality of the phone, but do the audio volume controls on your headphones work on the m8?

I've tried using my apple earbuds controls on my M7, and only the play/pause button works...nothing more. Did they change that for the m8?

Thanks.
Could be that it's incompatible to iPhone controls. I've not used them.
HTC One (M8) - Gunmetal Brushed Grey

Don't forget to slap that 'thanks' button if I've been of help.
 
kirtusl92
Old
#10  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 5
Join Date: Mar 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by sHaHiN786 View Post
Could be that it's incompatible to iPhone controls. I've not used them.

I've used the earphones that came with the samsung galaxy note 2 (since my brother has them) on the M7, and its not working as well.

Why would HTC do such a thing

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


XDA PORTAL POSTS

Remove Unnecessary WhatsApp Elements with Xposed

In modern life, you can’t underestimate the power ofthe dark sidemessaging … more

MaR-V-iN to Talk Google and Android APIs at XDA:DevCon 2014

Our international xda:devcon 14in Manchester, UK on the weekend of September … more