[Q] Phone Flashed to Page Plus Stuck on Boot Screen

Search This thread

duchello

Sep 27, 2010
Hello all,

I tried searching for a similar scenario but wasn't able to find anything so I thought I'd try posting here.

I purchased a flashed Sprint Samsung Galaxy S3 from ebay about 6 months ago. I'm assuming the phone is rooted, I had my number flashed with page plus service to the S3 without problem and it has worked fine since then. Apart from the initial flash to page plus by the ebay vendor I've used the phone daily without flashing anything else, just using apps from the store and basic daily functions like email, social media and camera use. Today while using the phone it randomly shut off. When starting up the phone again it gets stuck on the "Samsung" logo, it does not reboot either.

I know that a hard reset can fix this issue but the problem is I believe a hard reset might break the page plus flash and I'm afraid of losing the number I have on this phone. Has anyone experienced this problem with a phone flashed to page plus and has successfully fixed this? Or will I just have to buy a new phone to flash my page plus number to?

anees02

Feb 9, 2009
Sana'a
Xiaomi 12T Pro
Write down your flashed page plus number to external paper and after hard reset flash it again using dfs software.

Or if you don't want to hard reset... Flash the tar file via Odin to repair the stuck boot then root it.

But i recommend to flash a new rooted ROM from recovery after wiping data/factory reset.. It will not wiping your flashed status.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

duchello

Sep 27, 2010
update

Thanks for the reply, unfortunately I don't really flash on my own and didn't quite want to experiment just yet.

What I ended up doing was esn swapping the page Plus number I was using from the Sprint s3 to an htc rhyme that was also activated on page Plus in a hope of salavging my #. I then went ahead and factory reset the s3 and that fixed the stuck on boot problem.

My question is now this, would it be possible to esn swap the number back to the s3 and have it function on page plus once again. from what I can tell in the settings it still has the 65002 prl I believe is uses to flashthis model and my orginal phone number still appears in the s3 device settings (and 3g username aferrad) despite my swapping the number to the rhyme.

I would be happy to provide addtl info and appreciate any help you can offer.