Originally Posted by body150165
Hi guys... stupid me... I was playing around with Titaniuum Backup and read about the recommended job to integrate update into the ROM in order to free up space. Good idea, i thought.
So, I pressed it and was toasted successfully. Tried to start chrome again and was told that an error occurred and I have to delete chrome first. Well. I wondered as it is a system app. Never mind. Titanium backup pro solves the problem I thought. Deleted Chrome, restarted and installed it.
If now I want to start Chrome, it closes itself and gives a toast that "Chrome stopped working". I can press report or ok. The most interesting part is, that this toast appears 2 times. So, I guess that the process starts 2 times and produces a conflict.
1. Make sure chrome is closed.
2. Go to the app settings and remove all data from chrome.
3. Go into /data/data/ (with a root explorer) and remove any directory with chrome (probably: com.android.chrome),
4. Then remove chrome from your device.
5. Restart the device after that reinstall chrome from the play store.
Device: Samsung galaxy S4 (GT-I9505)
OS: Android KitKat 4.4.4
ROM: GOOGLE EDITION 4.4.4 by Danvdh, Kryten2k35 & Ktoonsez.
Device: Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 (2014 Edition)
OS: Android JellyBean 4.4.2
ROM: Stock (Rooted)
Device: PackardBell Liberty Tab (G100W)
OS: Android KitKat 4.4.3
ROM: OmniROM 4.4.3 A500/A501 (latest version)
↓↓↓↓↓ If my post helped you just hit that THANKS button down there. ↓↓↓↓↓