Materialized LeanDroid Fights Your Poor Battery Life

Battery life has always been one of the biggest problems facing most Android devices. … more

Bump! Workaround for the LG G3 Locked Bootloader – XDA TV

The LG G3 is a power house device. It’s been a favorite of many people. … more

Enable Call Recording on Xperia Z2 and Z3

Call recording, while not legal in every part of the world, is quite handy in certain situations. … more

Google Play Store Payments Available in China

Google has taken a big step to make its services accessible globally. Since the introduction of … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Google Now launcher --press home, then say "Ok Google".

OP AdamOutler

31st March 2014, 04:35 AM   |  #1  
Hey guys,
I really wanted the "Ok Google" from home like I have on my Nexus. After doing this, you can press the home button to wake the device up and then simply say "ok google, remind me to talk to my boss when I get to work". It takes specific versions of the apps to make this work and I located a combination that wiill do the job.

You will need:
  • Google Play Store installed
  • Google Search installed from Play Store.
  • A copy of ADB

Installation
  1. Un-tar.gz this file with whatever program you use for file compression, to a folder called "GoogleLauncher"
  2. Navigate to the "GoogleLauncher" folder,
  3. Using your copy of ADB, type "adb remount", then "adb push *.apk /system/app"
  4. Go to Settings>System>Accessibility>Quick Boot and disable Quick Boot
  5. Reboot your watch.

Conclusion
This worked for me. If you're having problems or you'd like this turned into an app you can download and press a button to perform the tasks above, let me know.
Last edited by AdamOutler; 31st March 2014 at 04:43 AM.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to AdamOutler For This Useful Post: [ View ]
31st March 2014, 05:26 PM   |  #2  
Hopatcong
Thanks Meter: 57

604 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamOutler

Hey guys,
I really wanted the "Ok Google" from home like I have on my Nexus. After doing this, you can press the home button to wake the device up and then simply say "ok google, remind me to talk to my boss when I get to work". It takes specific versions of the apps to make this work and I located a combination that wiill do the job.

You will need:

• Google Play Store installed
  • Google Search installed from Play Store.
  • A copy of ADB

Installation
  1. Un-tar.gz this file with whatever program you use for file compression, to a folder called "GoogleLauncher"
  2. Navigate to the "GoogleLauncher" folder,
  3. Using your copy of ADB, type "adb remount", then "adb push *.apk /system/app"
  4. Go to Settings>System>Accessibility>Quick Boot and disable Quick Boot
  5. Reboot your watch.

Conclusion
This worked for me. If you're having problems or you'd like this turned into an app you can download and press a button to perform the tasks above, let me know.

Would this work for the callisto 100? x201?
31st March 2014, 05:33 PM   |  #3  
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonfly1113

Would this work for the callisto 100? x201?

Don't quote the OP in its entirety. Its a waste of space. It can also be confusing if the directions change.

It likely would.
31st March 2014, 07:48 PM   |  #4  
Hopatcong
Thanks Meter: 57

604 posts
More
Quote:

Don't quote the OP in its entirety. Its a waste of space. It can also be confusing if the directions change.

It likely would.

haha ok thanks. been using tasker to imitate the ok google command for now.
1st April 2014, 12:48 AM   |  #5  
Flag 2947'30"N 9843'50"W
Thanks Meter: 22

63 posts
More
Quote:

I really wanted the "Ok Google" from home like I have on my Nexus. After doing this, you can press the home button to wake the device up and then simply say "ok google, remind me to talk to my boss when I get to work".

On my S2, Google Now is both part of the Google Launcher and Google Search. For those of us running Loki's EnSec + Operative, does the Google Launcher below replace SmartLauncher as the home action? In other words, are we giving up SmartLauncher / WP8 Launcher / OUI2.0 to get Google Now?

Quote:

What about making it a flashable zip? Operative includes TWRP, so we should be able to flash system APKs.

Thanks!

--L.
1st April 2014, 03:02 AM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 11

137 posts
More
Or just download and install the apk?

http://www.androidpolice.com/2013/11...-apk-download/
1st April 2014, 05:22 AM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 104

531 posts
Jaskru, I was wondering the same thing. I did what you suggest above back in February, and the OK Google launcher has been an option ever since. Works better than typing, for most stuff.

I am otherwise on unrooted stock, though I do not suggest others use their TrueSmarts unpatched at all.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
2nd April 2014, 10:23 PM   |  #8  
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaskru

Or just download and install the apk?

http://www.androidpolice.com/2013/11...-apk-download/

This doesnt work with just installing the APK. you get a toast stating that there is a problem.
2nd April 2014, 11:28 PM   |  #9  
Thanks Meter: 11

137 posts
More
Quote:

This doesnt work with just installing the APK. you get a toast stating that there is a problem.

Probably dependent on also having the google search apk installed first, eh?
3rd April 2014, 01:13 AM   |  #10  
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaskru

Probably dependent on also having the google search apk installed first, eh?

that's not it. something is missing from the system apps. I tried just installing them, it didn't work.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread