PhotoMath: A Math Beginner’s Dream App

more

Leaked Galaxy S6 Apps Hit the Forums

more

Fix Untinted Recent Panels on Lollipop

more

Console OS Brings Android to Your PC

more
Post Reply

problem with google voice search

OP trdsol23

31st March 2014, 06:04 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
5 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2009
I am trying to send a text message using google voice search, but I keep getting "message couldn't be sent" dialogue while it is trying to send the message. Everything works fine until the app tries to send the message. I am using the stock samsung message app on android 4.3. Any help would be appreciated, thanks!
31st March 2014, 06:09 AM   |  #2  
thahim's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Karachi
Thanks Meter: 148
 
1,165 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2006
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by trdsol23

I am trying to send a text message using google voice search, but I keep getting "message couldn't be sent" dialogue while it is trying to send the message. Everything works fine until the app tries to send the message. I am using the stock samsung message app on android 4.3. Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

Send a message from messaging app and see if it works from there.

Sent from Galaxy Note 3 SM-9005
31st March 2014, 06:12 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
5 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by thahim

Send a message from messaging app and see if it works from there.

Sent from Galaxy Note 3 SM-9005

I can message through the app just fine. It works with S-Voice as well. It just doesn't seem to work with Google Voice Search. I would use S-Voice, but it's slow and never recognizes the contact name or what I am saying correctly.
31st March 2014, 06:13 AM   |  #4  
thahim's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Karachi
Thanks Meter: 148
 
1,165 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2006
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by trdsol23

I can message through the app just fine. It works with S-Voice as well. It just doesn't seem to work with Google Voice Search. I would use S-Voice, but it's slow and never recognizes the contact name or what I am saying correctly.

If it doesnt reqognizes its your accent.

Sent from Galaxy Note 3 SM-9005
31st March 2014, 06:16 AM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
5 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by thahim

If it doesnt reqognizes its your accent.

Sent from Galaxy Note 3 SM-9005

I don't have an accent. S-Voice is just slow and it won't recognize some of the more difficult to pronounce names. I would much rather use google voice search.
31st March 2014, 06:28 AM   |  #6  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
5 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2009
At first, I thought I froze something in Titanium Backup that might have caused the issue, but I unfroze everything and rebooted, still same problem.
31st March 2014, 07:03 AM   |  #7  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
5 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2009
nevermind, I figured it out, the contact number has to be formatted a certain way for google to recognize it, all is working well now

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes