Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,811,145 Members 44,694 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

problem with google voice search

Tip us?
 
trdsol23
Old
#1  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 5
Join Date: Jun 2009
Default problem with google voice search

I am trying to send a text message using google voice search, but I keep getting "message couldn't be sent" dialogue while it is trying to send the message. Everything works fine until the app tries to send the message. I am using the stock samsung message app on android 4.3. Any help would be appreciated, thanks!
 
thahim
Old
#2  
thahim's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 95
Posts: 720
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Karachi
Quote:
Originally Posted by trdsol23 View Post
I am trying to send a text message using google voice search, but I keep getting "message couldn't be sent" dialogue while it is trying to send the message. Everything works fine until the app tries to send the message. I am using the stock samsung message app on android 4.3. Any help would be appreciated, thanks!
Send a message from messaging app and see if it works from there.

Sent from Galaxy Note 3 SM-9005
 
trdsol23
Old
#3  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 5
Join Date: Jun 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by thahim View Post
Send a message from messaging app and see if it works from there.

Sent from Galaxy Note 3 SM-9005
I can message through the app just fine. It works with S-Voice as well. It just doesn't seem to work with Google Voice Search. I would use S-Voice, but it's slow and never recognizes the contact name or what I am saying correctly.
 
thahim
Old
#4  
thahim's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 95
Posts: 720
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Karachi
Quote:
Originally Posted by trdsol23 View Post
I can message through the app just fine. It works with S-Voice as well. It just doesn't seem to work with Google Voice Search. I would use S-Voice, but it's slow and never recognizes the contact name or what I am saying correctly.
If it doesnt reqognizes its your accent.

Sent from Galaxy Note 3 SM-9005
 
trdsol23
Old
#5  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 5
Join Date: Jun 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by thahim View Post
If it doesnt reqognizes its your accent.

Sent from Galaxy Note 3 SM-9005
I don't have an accent. S-Voice is just slow and it won't recognize some of the more difficult to pronounce names. I would much rather use google voice search.
 
trdsol23
Old
#6  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 5
Join Date: Jun 2009
At first, I thought I froze something in Titanium Backup that might have caused the issue, but I unfroze everything and rebooted, still same problem.
 
trdsol23
Old
#7  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 5
Join Date: Jun 2009
nevermind, I figured it out, the contact number has to be formatted a certain way for google to recognize it, all is working well now

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Stream Your Media Files with the New Version of Droid Sync Manager

Android is a Linux-based operating system, but this fact doesn’t put … more

Old but Gold Internet Browser is a Blast from the Past

A Web browser is one of these applications that we can’t live without. We useit … more

Real-World Battery Saving Tips for Android – XDA Developer TV

You need Real-World Battery Saving Tips for your Android device. Our … more

Android L Will Have Data Encryption Turned On by Default

Android L, once it is eventually released, will featuredata encryption turned on by … more