Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,785,614 Members 44,452 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Not booting - Secure Fail: Recovery - any recommendations?

Tip us?

kendallhall
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Flash PIT - this will fix it

You need to flash the PIT with ODIN, latest version (3.09, I believe). Google for a download mirror that hosts the PIT for whichever type of note 3 you have, then flash it with odin (should work while in the invalid software screen). Then, if it doesn't reboot, just remove the battery and unplug that sucka. When it reboots, it should go back to download mode or just regular bootup. I recommend setting up adb, which makes it much easier to put the phone into whatever mode you desire with a simple dos command.

mtnbst
Old
Thanks Meter 17

DONATE TO ME
Default got out of it

this happened to me last night, I went into Odin mode "home, volume down, power button" instead of selecting odin mode from that menu I selected "reboot phone" (or something to that effect) My note 3 restarted......PHEW...... hope this helps someone
The Following User Says Thank You to mtnbst For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Tonahtiuh
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default enable android recovery mode

SM-N90OV

ok so I once got to the point to where I could not but factory reset my phone and so I did settings > backup and restore > factory reset > YES I'M SURE!!! then my phone when into recovery mode as it should normally only to tell me that it could not enter recovery. Verizon's fault and now I cant access my recovery mode. is there a way to get back into it so I can finally flash a new rom. oh I had figured out how to get out of the boot loop thing by entering download mode and canceling. but it would be nice to be able to mess with this beast of a phone. please help me. I don't want to do something I wasn't supposed to. im not sure want to do with klms agent deals with knox right?

xaneey
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Em also one of the victim

hi
i am rooted (de la Vega ) safestrap installed using Jelly beans 6 & stock Rom as well. i don't know how but i am not being able to get in the recovery to format the device.

Getting "System software not authorized by Verizon Wireless has been found on your phone. Please turn off your phone and go to the nearest Verizon Wireless store for help."
What i do is getting into the download mode and only pressing Volume down to continue boot and Viola my phone restarts every time, but the thing which is pinching me is i can't able to format the phone.. Help required please.

2swizzle
Old
Thanks Meter 364
Quote:
Originally Posted by xaneey View Post
hi
i am rooted (de la Vega ) safestrap installed using Jelly beans 6 & stock Rom as well. i don't know how but i am not being able to get in the recovery to format the device.

Getting "System software not authorized by Verizon Wireless has been found on your phone. Please turn off your phone and go to the nearest Verizon Wireless store for help."
What i do is getting into the download mode and only pressing Volume down to continue boot and Viola my phone restarts every time, but the thing which is pinching me is i can't able to format the phone.. Help required please.
look at page one towards the bottom, the OP posted how to fix your problem

xaneey
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Thumbs up Solution

HI all

What worked for me is just ODIN
MI9 t0 MJE
and this is the beauty of ANDROID really happy to get it back..
Downloaded MJE for N900V http://www.sammobile.com/firmwares/3/?download=23535
Root through this in my case Vroot worked Kingo didn't work for me http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2528707
Thn safe strap and all done