Help! Screen dead, but turns on.

OP EVOme

27th March 2014, 12:06 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 164

1,773 posts
I cannot get into phone at all. Screen is not responding. I want to mount my SD card to get my crap off, but I can't get to homescreen to allow PC to mount the drive. I booted to recovery and TWRP is not accepting touch either. Any idea how I can get my stuff off this phone? I can't take to a place to have repaired due to sensitive data I can't have out of my site.
27th March 2014, 12:39 AM   |  #2  
Flag Notting Hill, London
Thanks Meter: 102

517 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by EVOme

I cannot get into phone at all. Screen is not responding. I want to mount my SD card to get my crap off, but I can't get to homescreen to allow PC to mount the drive. I booted to recovery and TWRP is not accepting touch either. Any idea how I can get my stuff off this phone? I can't take to a place to have repaired due to sensitive data I can't have out of my site.

Are you familiar with 'adb pull' command? I'd do that command to pull everything on the SD card and then restore the phone with LG flash tools.
27th March 2014, 01:25 AM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 164

1,773 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxxrichievxxx

Are you familiar with 'adb pull' command? I'd do that command to pull everything on the SD card and then restore the phone with LG flash tools.

No, but I will google it. You think that will work? Am I pull root and below or do you choose folders to pull?
31st March 2014, 02:56 AM   |  #4  
Flag Notting Hill, London
Thanks Meter: 102

517 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by EVOme

No, but I will google it. You think that will work? Am I pull root and below or do you choose folders to pull?

You can choose folders to pull but it'll be easier to just 'adb pull /sdcard/ C:\User\Destination\folder' and that will pull everything from the SD card to a folder

I've done that many times, the only thing it didnt work was when it wanted to pull a file with Cyrillic or arabic letters it would not pull those files.
31st March 2014, 06:59 AM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 23

66 posts
More
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2660266

If you find it is an actual issue with the screen and not software based here is th thread i did when I replaced my whole LCD/Digitizer/Screen. Doesn't sound like a hardware problem but just in case...
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread