Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
View Poll Results: Would u like to see Moto G getting Grand2 &Xperia M2 ROMs ?
YES 4 80.00%
NO 0 0%
It wont happen 1 20.00%
Voters: 5. You may not vote on this poll

[Q] Grand 2 & Xperia M2 ROM

OP akku1

16th March 2014, 01:12 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 62

147 posts
More
Hey guys as we all know that currently Moto G is the best phone in its range So i hope it gets a good dev. support too

I see that the Galaxy Grand2 & Xperia M2 have the same chipset as Moto G . The Qualcomm MSM8226 powers all of them !

Out of curiosity, wanna know that can the Moto G get the stock Rom of these devices ported on it .
Is that possible ?

It would be a great achievement
16th March 2014, 01:17 PM   |  #2  
Flag Stara Zagora
Thanks Meter: 74

312 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by akku1

Hey guys as we all know that currently Moto G is the best phone in its range So i hope it gets a good dev. support too

I see that the Galaxy Grand2 & Xperia M2 have the same chipset as Moto G . The Qualcomm MSM8226 powers all of them !

Out of curiosity, wanna know that can the Moto G get the stock Rom of these devices ported on it .
Is that possible ?

It would be a great achievement

Most likely no one will bother doing that, the best you`ll may get are port of the apps of these.
Having the same SoC doesn't mean they are easy to port or smth like that, there are tons of things that wont work and will need long hours of work to get the to woking state (not stable, just working).Also the SoC itself despite being MSM8226 in al of em, its actually different too
31st March 2014, 08:00 AM   |  #3  
Flag Buckeye
Thanks Meter: 969

1,347 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by liveroy

Most likely no one will bother doing that, the best you`ll may get are port of the apps of these.
Having the same SoC doesn't mean they are easy to port or smth like that, there are tons of things that wont work and will need long hours of work to get the to woking state (not stable, just working).Also the SoC itself despite being MSM8226 in al of em, its actually different too

Lol I tried but failed on 3
4 different ports also the resolution has to be the same it doesnt really matter on the chipset just as long as its Qualcomm or snapdragon it wont really matter.
The error was "fastboot reason fall through normal boot mode"
Ive tried on these devices
Xperia z1 compact
Htc one mini
Htc Evo 4g lte kitkat
I kept getting the same error

I can possibly use the xperia m2 and maybe the grand 2 but it will be much harder because of the screen resolution on thosr devices ill try on those 2 but resizing every png to fit xhdpi is gonna be a b****

Sent from my Moto G using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Last edited by Omar1c; 31st March 2014 at 08:02 AM.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread