Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,768,353 Members 46,160 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum
View Poll Results: Would u like to see Moto G getting Grand2 &Xperia M2 ROMs ?
YES 4 80.00%
NO 0 0%
It wont happen 1 20.00%
Voters: 5. You may not vote on this poll

[Q] Grand 2 & Xperia M2 ROM

Tip us?

akku1
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 48
Default [Q] Grand 2 & Xperia M2 ROM

Hey guys as we all know that currently Moto G is the best phone in its range So i hope it gets a good dev. support too

I see that the Galaxy Grand2 & Xperia M2 have the same chipset as Moto G . The Qualcomm MSM8226 powers all of them !

Out of curiosity, wanna know that can the Moto G get the stock Rom of these devices ported on it .
Is that possible ?

It would be a great achievement

liveroy
Old
Thanks Meter 48

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by akku1 View Post
Hey guys as we all know that currently Moto G is the best phone in its range So i hope it gets a good dev. support too

I see that the Galaxy Grand2 & Xperia M2 have the same chipset as Moto G . The Qualcomm MSM8226 powers all of them !

Out of curiosity, wanna know that can the Moto G get the stock Rom of these devices ported on it .
Is that possible ?

It would be a great achievement
Most likely no one will bother doing that, the best you`ll may get are port of the apps of these.
Having the same SoC doesn't mean they are easy to port or smth like that, there are tons of things that wont work and will need long hours of work to get the to woking state (not stable, just working).Also the SoC itself despite being MSM8226 in al of em, its actually different too
Mental issues lead to the use of long signatures

Care much for receiving Thanks?Bitching at the others about it doesn't help, instead better stfu and gtfo.

Omar1c
Old
(Last edited by Omar1c; 31st March 2014 at 07:02 AM.)
Thanks Meter 786
Quote:
Originally Posted by liveroy View Post
Most likely no one will bother doing that, the best you`ll may get are port of the apps of these.
Having the same SoC doesn't mean they are easy to port or smth like that, there are tons of things that wont work and will need long hours of work to get the to woking state (not stable, just working).Also the SoC itself despite being MSM8226 in al of em, its actually different too
Lol I tried but failed on 3
4 different ports also the resolution has to be the same it doesnt really matter on the chipset just as long as its Qualcomm or snapdragon it wont really matter.
The error was "fastboot reason fall through normal boot mode"
Ive tried on these devices
Xperia z1 compact
Htc one mini
Htc Evo 4g lte kitkat
I kept getting the same error

I can possibly use the xperia m2 and maybe the grand 2 but it will be much harder because of the screen resolution on thosr devices ill try on those 2 but resizing every png to fit xhdpi is gonna be a b****

Sent from my Moto G using XDA Premium 4 mobile app