[Q] Anyone tried changing MID of your device?

Search This thread

jhun24

Sep 30, 2013
I read that HTC one MID can be changed, also on this forum.

My question is, did anyone here with HTC one sv tried to change their MID(Model ID)?

This will allow us to use the available RUU posted here for our device.

M

Modding.MyMind

I read that HTC one MID can be changed, also on this forum.

My question is, did anyone here with HTC one sv tried to change their MID(Model ID)?

This will allow us to use the available RUU posted here for our device.

Yes you can change it. Its rather easy to do. However, in regards to the RUU, given the specifications of our K2 variants it is recommended to use the proper RUU. Its not as diverse as seen with the HTC One devices. Though, may be useful in partial to the K2_U and K2_UL devices. However, with K2_CL and K2_PLC_CL, you will want to use them as designed with reference to Boost and Cricket or else you may have issue's.

Sent from my C525c using Tapatalk

jhun24

Sep 30, 2013
Yes you can change it. Its rather easy to do. However, in regards to the RUU, given the specifications of our K2 variants it is recommended to use the proper RUU. Its not as diverse as seen with the HTC One devices. Though, may be useful in partial to the K2_U and K2_UL devices. However, with K2_CL and K2_PLC_CL, you will want to use them as designed with reference to Boost and Cricket or else you may have issue's.

Sent from my C525c using Tapatalk

Yes, thats what I am thinking also. Just the mid and cid, you cant crossfirmware from k2_u to k2_ul or k2_ul to k2_cl or any regarding to k2 versions. I just noticed in my current firmware(k2_ul htc asia wwe cid__044) it can be installed on two different mid. I cant remember what are those since i am currently away from my pc but i am sure that there two..
The mid specified in the ruu of k2_ul europe and the other one mid of my firmware is identical. So it might be using the same hardware i think. Same K2_ul and mid. And so this question comes to my mind.

Anyways. Ill try it some other time when there is already a kitkat update for our device via ota.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts