Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,737,675 Members 46,700 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

I want to root but keep backup with original OS

Tip us?

costinmike
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Question I want to root but keep backup with original OS

Hello guys,
i want to root my Note II but i also want to have a wayback to recover my warranty in case of some troubles with the hardware someday. Is here any way to make a recovery before try to root it? or after , or any trick you guys know.....please guide me how to do this in the safetiest way possible. ( I want to put that rom with Note3 feautures)

Thank you so much!

XDA sucks
Old
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter 7
Nah, You have to root Your phone to do cwm or twrp backup. But there's always a way back, just by putting back the stock rom and reseting the counter and other stuff.

Sent from galaxy n7105

m.b.jikre
Old
Thanks Meter 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by costinmike View Post
Hello guys,
i want to root my Note II but i also want to have a wayback to recover my warranty in case of some troubles with the hardware someday. Is here any way to make a recovery before try to root it? or after , or any trick you guys know.....please guide me how to do this in the safetiest way possible. ( I want to put that rom with Note3 feautures)

Thank you so much!
If you want to install a custom ROM then it is not possible at this moment without tripping Knox.

As for Note 3 features you may also try 'Ditto Note 3' Rom. Here's the link: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2504016

dalanik
Old
Thanks Meter 195
A previous 2 posters said; depending on your ROM; if you have 4.1.2 then it is not a problem - just flash stock ROM with Odin. If you have 4.3 then it is not possible, once you remove KNOX, the KNOX flag is tripped to 1 and you can't reset it....