Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,778,893 Members 42,976 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Slim Navbar for KitKat, with recent apps?

Tip us?
 
joq3
Old
(Last edited by joq3; 31st March 2014 at 09:19 AM.)
#1  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 30
Join Date: Jun 2010
Post Slim Navbar for KitKat, with recent apps?

Hi,

I'm searching for a mod that I use on 4.2 for KitKat. I have a thin navbar with a recent button (the recent app-button is from G2 Xposed) and the thin navbar is a modified file I changed (because the G2 Xposed navbar height didn't work well, left a gap on stock launcher).

Do anyone know if there is something like this working for Kitkat?


Thank you!
 
fizzy177
Old
#2  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 5
Posts: 17
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Delhi
Quote:
Originally Posted by joq3 View Post
Hi,

I'm searching for a mod that I use on 4.2 for KitKat. I have a thin navbar with a recent button (the recent app-button is from G2 Xposed) and the thin navbar is a modified file I changed (because the G2 Xposed navbar height didn't work well, left a gap on stock launcher).

Do anyone know if there is something like this working for Kitkat?


Thank you!
well if u don't want to get your hands dirty, u can use the third party apps such as
Ultimate Dynamic Navbar Lite
link:- https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...rbimc.udn.lite
Pie support(with installation instructions)
link:- http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2689890

Otherwise ,
DeOdex then Decompile LGSystemUI.apk and use the following thread as guide

Hope This helps you
The Following User Says Thank You to fizzy177 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
joq3
Old
#3  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 30
Join Date: Jun 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by fizzy177 View Post
well if u don't want to get your hands dirty, u can use the third party apps such as
Ultimate Dynamic Navbar Lite
link:- https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...rbimc.udn.lite
Pie support(with installation instructions)
link:- http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2689890

Otherwise ,
DeOdex then Decompile LGSystemUI.apk and use the following thread as guide

Hope This helps you
Is the first app confirmed working with KitKat? I would rather just replace a system file, but I'm not confident enough to edit the code myself.
Rather than using an app for it, which seems unnecessary for the small change i need.
 
fizzy177
Old
(Last edited by fizzy177; 31st March 2014 at 06:10 PM.) Reason: clarifying the details .....
#4  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 5
Posts: 17
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Delhi
Quote:
Originally Posted by joq3 View Post
Is the first app confirmed working with KitKat? I would rather just replace a system file, but I'm not confident enough to edit the code myself.
Rather than using an app for it, which seems unnecessary for the small change i need.
Yes It works i've tested it myself
BTW used xposed module (Bundled inside UDN Refer post #2 ) to spoof the navbar.
 
Polymira
Old
(Last edited by Polymira; 31st March 2014 at 06:38 PM.)
#5  
Member
Thanks Meter 11
Posts: 54
Join Date: Oct 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by fizzy177 View Post
Yes It works i've tested it myself
BTW used xposed module to spoof the navbar.
What Xposed module? Everything I"m trying on the Verizon KitKat OTA isn't allowing me to add a Recents key (replace menu key with Recents).

Ultimate Dyanmic Navbar Lite adds the recents key ... but i don't like the way it auto-hides / covers things on screen.
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes