FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[Q] Galaxy S5 Models?

1,852 posts
Thanks Meter: 479
 
By Hellscythe, Account currently disabled on 31st March 2014, 11:53 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
EDIT:

INTERNATIONAL VERSION IS 900F

So I found a list on GSMARENA that shows what each model of the S5 is
Available as:
Samsung SM-G900F/SM-G900H - for Europe
Samsung SM-G900I - for Asia
Samsung SM-G900K/G900L/G900S - for Korea
Samsung SM-G900M - for Vodafone
Samsung SM-G900A - for AT&T
Samsung SM-G900T - for T-Mobile
Samsung SM-G900V - for Verizon
Samsung SM-G900R4 - for US Cellular
Samsung SM-G900P - for Sprint
Samsung SM-G900W8 - for Canada

My question is, what would the standard international version be called?
Also, since they are all SM-G900, does that mean roms would be interflashable? the naming scheme for the carrier versions seems to have changed from the previous generation.
The Following User Says Thank You to Hellscythe For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Hellscythe Ad-Free
 
 
10th April 2014, 09:04 PM |#2  
HassanM's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 635
 
More
Is there any model as sg-900???

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk 4 - Hassan K. Malik
10th April 2014, 10:17 PM |#3  
trevagreene's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Melbourne
Thanks Meter: 33
 
More
In a vodafone shop in Australia last week, the one they had said SM-900X
11th April 2014, 12:43 AM |#4  
Senior Member
Chicago
Thanks Meter: 165
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by trevagreene

In a vodafone shop in Australia last week, the one they had said SM-900X

X - is a shop model. doesn't really attach to any continent/carrier.
11th April 2014, 01:22 AM |#5  
trevagreene's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Melbourne
Thanks Meter: 33
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jodvova

X - is a shop model. doesn't really attach to any continent/carrier.

Ah, cool. thanks for the info. I thought It was strange since I hadn't seen it listed anywhere.
11th April 2014, 08:22 AM |#6  
OP Account currently disabled
Flag straya kienttt
Thanks Meter: 479
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by HassanM

Is there any model as sg-900???

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk 4 - Hassan K. Malik

I haven't seen any SG-900, but I have seen lots of places list SM G900 if that is what you mean
13th April 2014, 04:02 AM |#7  
HassanM's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 635
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellscythe

I haven't seen any SG-900, but I have seen lots of places list SM G900 if that is what you mean

Yes... Actually thats what I meant... However I was trying to find out which variant was Exynos and which one was Qualcomm. ...

Thanks anyway. ...

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk 4 - Hassan K. Malik
13th April 2014, 07:56 AM |#8  
OP Account currently disabled
Flag straya kienttt
Thanks Meter: 479
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by HassanM

Yes... Actually thats what I meant... However I was trying to find out which variant was Exynos and which one was Qualcomm. ...

Thanks anyway. ...

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk 4 - Hassan K. Malik

http://au.ibtimes.com/articles/54141...m#.U0om3_mSx8c

the 900H is exynos
The Following User Says Thank You to Hellscythe For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Hellscythe Ad-Free
9th May 2014, 12:54 PM |#9  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jodvova

X - is a shop model. doesn't really attach to any continent/carrier.

so does that mean I can install another region into my Australian version?
ie: from sm-g900i to sm-g900f?
9th May 2014, 01:30 PM |#10  
p0tent's Avatar
Junior Member
Flag Edmonton
Thanks Meter: 3
 
More
SM-G900W8 - Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellscythe

EDIT:

INTERNATIONAL VERSION IS 900F

So I found a list on GSMARENA that shows what each model of the S5 is
Available as:
Samsung SM-G900F/SM-G900H - for Europe
Samsung SM-G900I - for Asia
Samsung SM-G900K/G900L/G900S - for Korea
Samsung SM-G900M - for Vodafone
Samsung SM-G900A - for AT&T
Samsung SM-G900T - for T-Mobile
Samsung SM-G900V - for Verizon
Samsung SM-G900R4 - for US Cellular
Samsung SM-G900P - for Sprint

My question is, what would the standard international version be called?
Also, since they are all SM-G900, does that mean roms would be interflashable? the naming scheme for the carrier versions seems to have changed from the previous generation.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to p0tent For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift p0tent Ad-Free
9th May 2014, 02:22 PM |#11  
OP Account currently disabled
Flag straya kienttt
Thanks Meter: 479
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by p0tent

SM-G900W8 - Canada

Added, thanks.
I reached my max amount of giving thanks for today lol sorry
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
code., models, region

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes