Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Unrooted but still has (Device Status: Custom)

OP FTBLLKiD

31st March 2014, 06:12 AM   |  #11  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Corner of the earth
Thanks Meter: 1,096

2,100 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by FTBLLKiD

hey got another question, why do I need to flash the stock rom/firmware when I just rooted my phone and installed Super User but didn't flash a custom rom, only used Odin to get Philz touch 5.15 and used Philz touch for SuperSU. sorry for asking too much

when you rooted your phone, there's a modified inside the system, that's why samsung bootloader will detect it as "modified/custom" instead of "official". I know your ROM is still official after you unroot it. But, unroot just remove the access to the root/system file. Whatever modified during the rooting process earlier will remain the same. Therefore, if you want to get an "official" status back, you have to flash stock original firmware after you have clean binary, & unroot your device.

cheers.
31st March 2014, 10:07 AM   |  #12  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1

28 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by antique_sonic

when you rooted your phone, there's a modified inside the system, that's why samsung bootloader will detect it as "modified/custom" instead of "official". I know your ROM is still official after you unroot it. But, unroot just remove the access to the root/system file. Whatever modified during the rooting process earlier will remain the same. Therefore, if you want to get an "official" status back, you have to flash stock original firmware after you have clean binary, & unroot your device.

cheers.

Hahaha thought Triangle Away would fix that device status problem being Modified/Custom

So you know anyway to download the stock rom quicker. My downloads are always unsuccesful...
31st March 2014, 12:25 PM   |  #13  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Corner of the earth
Thanks Meter: 1,096

2,100 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by FTBLLKiD

Hahaha thought Triangle Away would fix that device status problem being Modified/Custom

So you know anyway to download the stock rom quicker. My downloads are always unsuccesful...

samfirmware
other than that, I have no idea. Just try to google for the firmware you want. u might get other links from google.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread