Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,730,261 Members 51,142 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Battery indicator stuck

Tip us?

mkintop
Old
(Last edited by mkintop; 25th March 2014 at 01:25 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 14
Default Battery indicator stuck

For the past several days my battery level indicator has been stuck at 42%.
I have tried everything I can think of including; factory data reset, factory image with root, replaced kernel, different custom Roms, drain completely until it shut off then charge overnight, bump charge, etc.

It is definately charging and discharging, its just not showing anywhere. Even tried some of the apps that give you the "true" battery level.

Could this be a hardware issue? I had similar before but it eventually corrected itself. I have attached a couple pictures for reference.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2014-03-24 19.23.23.jpg
Views:	1320
Size:	176.4 KB
ID:	2649183   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-03-25-08-05-01.png
Views:	1139
Size:	132.1 KB
ID:	2649190  

striker59
Old
Thanks Meter 11
I would try taking the back cover off and unplug the battery wait 10 seconds and plug back in.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using xda app-developers app
The Following User Says Thank You to striker59 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

mkintop
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by striker59 View Post
I would try taking the back cover off and unplug the battery wait 10 seconds and plug back in.

I would need to take the entire back off to get to the battery, not just the small back, correct?

striker59
Old
Thanks Meter 11
Yes the whole cover, if you Google "remove back cover on nexus 10" I'm sure you find instructions maybe even a YouTube video.

---------- Post added at 10:16 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:14 AM ----------

http://www.cnet.com/news/google-nexu...fter-teardown/

The Following User Says Thank You to striker59 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

mkintop
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 14
Thanks. Need to pick up one of those spudgers. Will try this in the next couple days with fingers crossed.

mkintop
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 14
Very strange. After 4 days of the battery level not changing during multiple discharges and recharges it suddenly decided to start working again today. It was about to shut of from low battery (I knew because the screen started to flicker on and off) when I plegged it in. As soon as I plugged it in my Nexus shut off. I tapped the power button and the battery icon said 0% charged. In the past it had shown a question mark.

I will repost if anything happens. I was going to disconnect the battery this weekend but I guess that won't be needed now...

Thanks for your help striker59

mkintop
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 14
OK. This just got more weird. Plugged in for a little while today, when I came back home and unplugged my battery was reading 255%. (See attached). I shut down and restarted then it said 42% again. Going to try disconnecting the battery but if anyone else has a suggestion please share
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-03-29-20-27-56.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	211.0 KB
ID:	2658045  

mkintop
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 14
So far so good. Disconnected the battery after struggling to get the back off. 24 hr later battery still reporting correctly.