ATAP Joins Google, Project Tango is Alive and Kicking

Advanced Technology and Projects group (or simply ATAP) are the group of masterminds … more

Official TWRP for Sony Xperia L

TWRP is one of the most commonly used custom recoveries for Android. Thanks to TeamWin members and XDA Senior … more

Purple Material Design Theme

Wondering what your phone’s UI would look like in purple? This theme for CyanogenMod 12 made by XDA Senior … more

Both Cellular Nexus 7s Get 5.0.2 Lollipop!

If you are eager to try out the latest and greatest on your Nexus 7 LTE (2013) or Nexus 7 Mobile … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

Nexus 7 turns on by itself?

OP grayson73

26th March 2014, 11:37 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Potomac
Thanks Meter: 8
 
166 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2011
More
My Nexus 7 turns on by itself if I plug it into the charger or if I remove it from the charger. Does anyone know how to disable this? I leave my nexus 7 off because I only use it once in awhile.
27th March 2014, 06:31 AM   |  #2  
LinearEquation's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Midwest
Thanks Meter: 428
 
1,757 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by grayson73

My Nexus 7 turns on by itself if I plug it into the charger or if I remove it from the charger. Does anyone know how to disable this? I leave my nexus 7 off because I only use it once in awhile.

I don't think there is a way to keep your tablet from powering on when plugging it in. Once it does power on you can just power it down while leaving it plugged in.

Sent from my Nexus 7 Flo running Odex SinLess ROM 4.4.2 with ElementalX kernel using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
27th March 2014, 03:04 PM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Potomac
Thanks Meter: 8
 
166 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by LinearEquation

I don't think there is a way to keep your tablet from powering on when plugging it in. Once it does power on you can just power it down while leaving it plugged in.

Sent from my Nexus 7 Flo running Odex SinLess ROM 4.4.2 with ElementalX kernel using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Thanks. I guess I'll just have to power down after plugging in, then power down again after unplugging it.
27th March 2014, 06:10 PM   |  #4  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
11 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2014
If your bootloader is unlocked, boot into the bootloader and open a command prompt in SDK's "platform tools" folder and type this command: fastboot oem off-mode-charge 1
Last edited by Birosso; 27th March 2014 at 06:17 PM.
27th March 2014, 07:03 PM   |  #5  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 65
 
173 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2006
You can install xposed module gravity there is a option to keep screen off when plugged in
27th March 2014, 08:44 PM   |  #6  
OP Senior Member
Flag Potomac
Thanks Meter: 8
 
166 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by church

You can install xposed module gravity there is a option to keep screen off when plugged in

Well, I don't only want the screen off; I want to keep the tablet off.
31st March 2014, 10:52 AM   |  #7  
Member
Thanks Meter: 4
 
72 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2013
Why you want to turn if off why charging, mine turns on just for a seconds then the screen turns off again, I'm fine with that

Nam Huy Linux http://namhuy.net
31st March 2014, 04:41 PM   |  #8  
OP Senior Member
Flag Potomac
Thanks Meter: 8
 
166 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by namhuy

Why you want to turn if off why charging, mine turns on just for a seconds then the screen turns off again, I'm fine with that

Nam Huy Linux http://namhuy.net

Because after it's finished charging, I unplug it and if it isn't turned off, it will drain before we use it again.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes