FORUMS
Thread Deleted Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
To the Admins, I'm not entirely sure where you guys would want this thread...troubleshooting seemed to be the most sensible.

all right everyone, I'll explain here how I fixed this, but keep in mind I have the ATT LG G2 running KitKat with TWRP 2.7.0.0 and I'm rooted. I only recommend this for advanced users. If you aren't an advanced user, well, make sure you have a backup. I'm sure there was a faster way to fix this, but my goal wasn't to find the fastest way initially, it was to find a working way. For example, you could just ADB everything. You could also, assuming you know how to use your OS to search that deep into the device files, done a rename, copy/paste etc. etc. Not all devices are made equal, so be CAREFUL! BTW, I was in debugging mode + charge only.

WARNING: I AM ONLY OFFERING THIS FOR INSIGHT TO ADVANCED USERS THAT KNOW WHAT THEY ARE DOING - I DON'T OFFICIALLY RECOMMEND THAT ANYONE DO THIS. I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY TRANSMUTATION FROM LG G2 TO BRICK.

Here's what I did:
1) I opened accessibility while hooked up to the debugger in Android Studio to see that it was producing a Null Pointer Exception.
2) I have a slightly modified version of the TOT file so that I can run TWRP and still be rooted in KitKat.
3) I am rooted, so I used Root Explorer to search for accessibility and found that the file is called "LGSettingsAccessibility.apk" and .odex - it's under (WITH ROOT ONLY) /system/priv-app/

4) I searched for a system dump copy online...I found this site: http://hunterspad.com/Domains/Storag...stem/priv-app/
I found that by typing "LGSettingsAccessibility.apk" and initially found a Google Drive version but it was posted in September of 2013 - unlikely to be the odex and apk from KitKat hahaha. I used a Google Search that searched custom range between Feb 1st and today. I found 2 links, one of which is the above.
NOTE: I don't recommend anyone do the following unless you KNOW what you are doing and definitely have a backup to restore to if things go wrong
5) I sent the link for each file to myself on Google Hangouts. I used Hangouts to download the March 14th upload of the LGAccessibilitySettings.apk and LGAcessibility.odex
5.5) I copied each of the original files (.apk and .odex) from /system/priv-app/ to my /sdcard/LGBackup folder I created using the Root Explorer app.
6) I went into the app "Root Explorer" again after downloading both files (DID NOT INSTALL IT, though it probably won't let you anyway). I checked both files and copied them.
7) I went back to /system/priv-app/ and renamed the existing files to be replaced with the extension ".bak" so that the system no longer points to those files (NOTE: Root Explorer asked me to remount as R/W (read and write vs. read-only) a good feature of root explorer to be in read-only by default; dangerous territory.
8) Bottom right corner of Root Explorer it was waiting for me to "Copy Here" when arriving at the location where I wanted to copy the files: /system/priv-app/ and after copying them I decided to be a fool and install the apk and it told me something like "app not found" or something.

9) FINALLY went into Settings and touched Accessibility and VOILA! It worked! A lot of luck involved - the odexed and apk files may not have been the proper version. I could have checked with relative ease (though likely time-consuming) by using some of my android dev skills/utilities.

WARNING: I AM ONLY RECOMMENDING THIS FOR ADVANCED USERS THAT KNOW WHAT THEY ARE DOING.

Thanks to garyd9 on XDA - without your uploaded files on storage cow, I couldn't have fixed this problem!
Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)