Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,730,673 Members 41,496 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

How can I wipe all data with Odin?

Tip us?

Michigan Jason
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Default How can I wipe all data with Odin?

Sorry if this has been asked, but I am in need of SUPER fast help. I have a tmobile note 3 with a cracked lcd, not digitizer. The phone still functions, but I have 0 display. I can get into DL mode and get odin to see the device. My question is, will flashing a stock 4.4.2 or 4.3 .tar file wipe all the data from my device? I do not want to sell it with ANY information on it. The sd card is obviously removed, I am talking about the phones internal memory. Will this wipe it all?
Current Device: Galaxy Note II

"Entrepreneurs are simply those who understand that there is little difference between obstacle and opportunity and are able to turn both to their advantage."

FFTony
Old
Thanks Meter 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michigan Jason View Post
Sorry if this has been asked, but I am in need of SUPER fast help. I have a tmobile note 3 with a cracked lcd, not digitizer. The phone still functions, but I have 0 display. I can get into DL mode and get odin to see the device. My question is, will flashing a stock 4.4.2 or 4.3 .tar file wipe all the data from my device? I do not want to sell it with ANY information on it. The sd card is obviously removed, I am talking about the phones internal memory. Will this wipe it all?
I had to flash 4.4 via Odin due to having a custom ROM and when I did it deleted all information on the device. If I remember correctly there is a statement from Samsung advising that flashing the ROM will delete all data.
SM-N900T Powered by X-Note V13/CivZ-SnapKat 2.1

Anonymous777
Old
Thanks Meter 10
Go to sammobile.com and you will have to create an account, but then it will give you the stock firmware which you can use with Odin to flash it back to its factory settings

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk