Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,785,371 Members 38,859 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[IMG] 4.3 Debrick image

Tip us?
 
CNexus
Old
(Last edited by CNexus; 5th February 2014 at 03:36 PM.)
#1  
CNexus's Avatar
Recognized Contributor - OP
Thanks Meter 13,584
Posts: 9,035
Join Date: May 2012
Location: /home/cnexus/android

 
DONATE TO ME
Default [IMG] 4.3 Debrick image

THIS IMAGE WILL ONLY WORK IF YOU BRICKED AFTER UPGRADING TO 4.3 MK3. IT WILL NOT WORK IF YOU WERE ON 4.1.2 JELLYBEAN OR ANYTHING ELSE.

4.3 ONLY


People are looking for this everywhere so I thought a new thread was necessary.

Huge thanks to @thenexusgeneration for dumping this from his new device!!

Enjoy!

I'll be uploading this to my site soon and other mirrors will be available as it is the only currently working image

https://mega.co.nz/#!4s1SQTAA!fVWpGc...t6EevFuglUNPrQ
Sign up for the new Copy file storage service with this link and get both of us an extra 5 GB!
Or sign up for Dropbox with this link and we can both grab some extra storage!

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to CNexus For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
goku2778
Old
#2  
goku2778's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 140
Posts: 174
Join Date: Aug 2013
so how do people go about using this, backup/restore via recovery menu? asking cause I'm sure you're going to be asked by people who bricked their phones and searching the net for a fix
 
CNexus
Old
#3  
CNexus's Avatar
Recognized Contributor - OP
Thanks Meter 13,584
Posts: 9,035
Join Date: May 2012
Location: /home/cnexus/android

 
DONATE TO ME
People who find this will know what to do with it. But no, you don't restore because this fix will unbrick a completely DEAD device. One that won't even power on

Guide is here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2369125
Sign up for the new Copy file storage service with this link and get both of us an extra 5 GB!
Or sign up for Dropbox with this link and we can both grab some extra storage!

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to CNexus For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
paco_1
Old
#4  
paco_1's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 66
Posts: 122
Join Date: Dec 2010
Default unbrick a completely DEAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by CNexus View Post
People who find this will know what to do with it. But no, you don't restore because this fix will unbrick a completely DEAD device. One that won't even power on

Guide is here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2369125

if you hard brick on 4.3 you can unbrick now with this new (backup.bin) i have unbrick (2 sprint GS3) ....now the 16gb SD CARD did not work for me i use a (64GB) to get it to work ...i hope it work for you guys to...and yes ...
thanks to thenexusgeneration ....and CNexus..for the backup.bin :laugh :
 
nvan7891
Old
#5  
Member
Thanks Meter 22
Posts: 68
Join Date: Jan 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by paco_1 View Post
if you hard brick on 4.3 you can unbrick now with this new (backup.bin) i have unbrick (2 sprint GS3) ....now the 16gb SD CARD did not work for me i use a (64GB) to get it to work ...i hope it work for you guys to...and yes ...
thanks to thenexusgeneration ....and CNexus..for the backup.bin :laugh :
Over on the DeBrick thread, none of the images (4.3 or otherwise) would work for me, and others with 32gb 4.3 phones. I jtag repaired mine, and made this 32gb image. I re-broke the bootloader on the phone to test it and it works. It requires a 32gb sdcard, I used an off brand class 2 to test with, and it worked the very first time.

So anyone with a 4.3 32gb, try this debrick image:

32gb_43_knox_debrick.img.7z - 26.91 MB (128 MB decompressed)

if you haven't had any luck with anything else.
 
CNexus
Old
#6  
CNexus's Avatar
Recognized Contributor - OP
Thanks Meter 13,584
Posts: 9,035
Join Date: May 2012
Location: /home/cnexus/android

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by nvan7891 View Post
Over on the DeBrick thread, none of the images (4.3 or otherwise) would work for me, and others with 32gb 4.3 phones. I jtag repaired mine, and made this 32gb image. I re-broke the bootloader on the phone to test it and it works. It requires a 32gb sdcard, I used an off brand class 2 to test with, and it worked the very first time.

So anyone with a 4.3 32gb, try this debrick image:

32gb_43_knox_debrick.img.7z - 26.91 MB (128 MB decompressed)

if you haven't had any luck with anything else.
Debrick images are independent of the internal storage size.
Sign up for the new Copy file storage service with this link and get both of us an extra 5 GB!
Or sign up for Dropbox with this link and we can both grab some extra storage!

 
pfroz
Old
#7  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 2
Join Date: Mar 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by CNexus View Post
Debrick images are independent of the internal storage size.
I would think it wouldn't matter but it does. I have gone over every sites to try to unbrick my phone but none have worked except this. Even with the following method it wouldn't work with 16GB sdcard. Only with 32GB worked for me. Just a little background on my phone setup:

Sprint GS3 16GB 4.3 VPUCMK3
Rooted with CF Rooting method
Bricked by loading NeatROM v3.6 for I9300
 
CNexus
Old
#8  
CNexus's Avatar
Recognized Contributor - OP
Thanks Meter 13,584
Posts: 9,035
Join Date: May 2012
Location: /home/cnexus/android

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by pfroz View Post
I would think it wouldn't matter but it does. I have gone over every sites to try to unbrick my phone but none have worked except this. Even with the following method it wouldn't work with 16GB sdcard. Only with 32GB worked for me. Just a little background on my phone setup:

Sprint GS3 16GB 4.3 VPUCMK3
Rooted with CF Rooting method
Bricked by loading NeatROM v3.6 for I9300
That wasn't what I was referring to, I was referring to the phones storage size not the sdcard's size.
Sign up for the new Copy file storage service with this link and get both of us an extra 5 GB!
Or sign up for Dropbox with this link and we can both grab some extra storage!

 
pfroz
Old
#9  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 2
Join Date: Mar 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by CNexus View Post
That wasn't what I was referring to, I was referring to the phones storage size not the sdcard's size.

My bad, guess I've been going over the various method that require sdcard to be the same as the phone storage size and had no luck with it.
 
whoppe862005
Old
#10  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 12
Posts: 26
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Clinton
That you so much for this. Worked perfectly on my friends Bricked S III.

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Fix KitKat WiFi Drops on Your Own

Despite introducing many useful features and overall great performance and enhancements,Android 4.4 KitKat … more

Bring Back Tablet UI on KitKat

Google presented their brand new UI for tablets alongsidethe release of Android 3.0 Honeycomb back in early … more

Give Your Notification Shade a Facelift with these Modding Guides

Modification has always been one of the strong suits of Android, due in … more

Keep Track of How Much Your Car Truly Costs with Car Logbook

It’s a very well established fact that cars are expensive. In addition to … more