[Q]Odd issue -- after flashing, phone reboots to fastboot and loses custom recovery..

28th March 2014, 05:22 PM   |  #21  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 2

63 posts
Tried the Guru stock rom again to see if it would loop -- it's doing the same thing as before -- the Qualcomm Location Services crashes, then it sits with the HTC splash screen (but I can long-press and get the advanced power menu) -- then it reboots.

jdklfsklfdkls Ufh.

Any ideas?
29th March 2014, 03:09 PM   |  #22  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Beirut
Thanks Meter: 2,969

5,986 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by loxish

Tried the Guru stock rom again to see if it would loop -- it's doing the same thing as before -- the Qualcomm Location Services crashes, then it sits with the HTC splash screen (but I can long-press and get the advanced power menu) -- then it reboots.

jdklfsklfdkls Ufh.

Any ideas?

Quote:

Hey, sorry. Thanks for the response, I should have been more clear.

I was hoping to get back to stock because after trying to flash a Sense 6 ROM, my phone is pretty inoperable.

Here's where I'm at, I'll give you answers to your prompts first:

1) Unlocked through HTC.

2) getvarall:

(bootloader) version: 0.5
(bootloader) version-bootloader: 1.55.0000
(bootloader) version-baseband: N/A
(bootloader) version-main: 3.04.651.2
(bootloader) version-misc: PVT SHIP S-ON
(bootloader) product: m7_wls
(bootloader) platform: HBOOT-8064
(bootloader) modelid: PN0720000
(bootloader) cidnum: SPCS_001

3) I was worried about debugging as I can't seem to adb while in the bootloader.

4) I have used CWM 6.0.4.3 touch and non touch, as well as TWRP 2.6.3.3 and 2.7.0 and 2.7.0.3 -- currently on TWRP 2.7.0.3.

The situations is this:

I got a new HTC One with HBOOT 1.55 -- flashed CWM 6.0.4.3 using fastboot flash recovery then flashed SU and tried to install InsertCoin -- which uses Aroma. After installing the phone reboots to fastboot and after booting to bootloader, the custom recovery is missing -- I can reflash the recovery and continue on.

So, after reflashing the recovery I've attempted a variety of kernel/rom combos -- either I get the AROMA issue where the custom recovery is wiped or if I flash CM11 or SlimKat, which doesn't use Aroma -- the phone reboots 10 seconds into launching the ROM.

I'm at a loss for what to do.

I do have a thread on the Q&A forum: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...1#post51433001

1- Why do you not have a baseband??? that's not good!!

2- you are using M7_WLS recoveries right (and checking MD5): http://techerrata.com/browse/twrp2/m7wls

3- found this for you: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2508907 (which is same version as you have so it will work even with S-On, but you'll need to relock bootloader)

probably best to go for a full RUU and also check the Sprint forum http://forum.xda-developers.com/sprint-htc-one

most of us here use m7_u/ul models, and the Sprint version is somewhat different (different partition layout, etc). So, you need to use recoveries, firmwares, ROMs, which are compatible with Sprint
The Following User Says Thank You to nkk71 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
31st March 2014, 02:54 AM   |  #23  
OP Member

63 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nkk71

1- Why do you not have a baseband??? that's not good!!

2- you are using M7_WLS recoveries right (and checking MD5): http://techerrata.com/browse/twrp2/m7wls

3- found this for you: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2508907 (which is same version as you have so it will work even with S-On, but you'll need to relock bootloader)

probably best to go for a full RUU and also check the Sprint forum http://forum.xda-developers.com/sprint-htc-one

most of us here use m7_u/ul models, and the Sprint version is somewhat different (different partition layout, etc). So, you need to use recoveries, firmwares, ROMs, which are compatible with Sprint

Whoa, yeah, I'm an idiot -- I'll take a look at your suggestions -- totally goofed using M7_U instead of Sprint -- but yeah, my overarching issues are beyond your rom, obviously. I was curious about the baseband thing -- not really sure what the implications of that are -- any ideas?
31st March 2014, 03:04 PM   |  #24  
OP Member

63 posts
Quote:

Whoa, yeah, I'm an idiot -- I'll take a look at your suggestions -- totally goofed using M7_U instead of Sprint -- but yeah, my overarching issues are beyond your rom, obviously. I was curious about the baseband thing -- not really sure what the implications of that are -- any ideas?

nkk71! Thank you for finding that RUU. I got it to install and am back stock. May try to S-Off and reroot/custom rom here in a bit, but I'm gonna float with stock for a while, not tryna lost me phone for another 4 days, haha!
31st March 2014, 04:10 PM   |  #25  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Beirut

5,986 posts
More
Quote:

nkk71! Thank you for finding that RUU. I got it to install and am back stock. May try to S-Off and reroot/custom rom here in a bit, but I'm gonna float with stock for a while, not tryna lost me phone for another 4 days, haha!

phew, close call... glad everything is back up and running

just remember to flash stuff meant for your phone, if in doubt there's no harm in asking!!
for example a couple of guys flashed an HTC Droid ROM onto the M7 (just because the version number looked the same), and got themselves a paperweight, a very nice paperweight, but a paperweight nonetheless!

cheers
31st March 2014, 04:14 PM   |  #26  
OP Member

63 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nkk71

phew, close call... glad everything is back up and running

just remember to flash stuff meant for your phone, if in doubt there's no harm in asking!!
for example a couple of guys flashed an HTC Droid ROM onto the M7 (just because the version number looked the same), and got themselves a paperweight, a very nice paperweight, but a paperweight nonetheless!

cheers

Well the crazy thing is this all started when I *WAS* flashing for my phone, I just really wanted Sense 6. I guess technically since I know that this RUU will work, I can break everything again.

haha.
31st March 2014, 04:23 PM   |  #27  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Beirut

5,986 posts
More
Quote:

Well the crazy thing is this all started when I *WAS* flashing for my phone, I just really wanted Sense 6. I guess technically since I know that this RUU will work, I can break everything again.

haha.

not everything!! there are certain partitions (mmcblk0p19 [misc] and mmcblk0p6 [mfg] come to mind) you shouldn't mess with, even an ruu wouldnt bring those back to life.... but as long as the ROM is an M7, you should be OK, but I wouldn't risk it

Partition differences between U/UL and Sprint:

31st March 2014, 05:17 PM   |  #28  
OP Member

63 posts
Man great info.

Wanna hear the dumbest part? I was using the wrong M7 roms -- I used BadSeed for M7 Sprint just now and everything flashed brilliantly and I'm onto Sense 6!

Woop woop!

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread