Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,740,298 Members 42,852 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Is there any compelling reason why I should upgrade?

Tip us?

Arctic Prodigy
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 8
Default Is there any compelling reason why I should upgrade?

I currently have an LG G2 and I can do all the updates and modifications at the forum for it. As for the Oppo Find 7a other than faster processor, is their any substantial reason why an upgrade is worth it.....I paid $400 for the LG G2 new....

I know one good thing is better speaker, but that is bare minimum a compelling reason.....that camera....no, and not even OIS.

andriman
Old
Thanks Meter 15
Having bought a new phone just weeks away I wouldn't even dare to think about buying another one so soon..

LG G2 is a good phone and it will be a good phone for at least a year or two, so no need to "upgrade" right now..

Arctic Prodigy
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 8
Maybe the next generation of OPPO Find, I did have an OPPO Find 5, superb hardware, software less than lackluster, battery hog too, but it was the best phone I have ever had up to the point I wanted something new and the LG G2 fit the bill.

Only reason why I thought about it is that I had never soft or hard bricked the Oppo Find 5 and I have already soft bricked the LG G2 twice.....the G2 not really good for modding much unless you know more than flashing a ROM and I don't really have more skill than that.

Allanitomwesh
Old
Thanks Meter 217
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arctic Prodigy View Post

I currently have an LG G2 and I can do all the updates and modifications at the forum for it. As for the Oppo Find 7a other than faster processor, is their any substantial reason why an upgrade is worth it.....I paid $400 for the LG G2 new....

I know one good thing is better speaker, but that is bare minimum a compelling reason.....that camera....no, and not even OIS.
Not unless you get the QHD one no,not really. Besides,LG G2 is getting ColorOS ...

http://www.oppoforums.com/threads/re...5/#post-159209

"If I helped you,click thanks. Look around,it's easy to click."
The Following User Says Thank You to Allanitomwesh For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Arctic Prodigy
Old
(Last edited by Arctic Prodigy; 31st March 2014 at 05:43 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 8
Default ColorOS

Very Interesting, I am assuming it will be ColorOS 2.0..... would be nice to see if LG G2 would be able to last a couple days on battery rather than less than a day like on Find 5, but new features in 2.0 would like to see how they would be. yes sticking with LG G2 for now unless I can get a Find 5 pretty cheap when Find 7 arrives.

Without a doubt, Find 5 has been the best phone I have ever had, if it wasn't for great battery life I would still have it, but gave it away in a drawing at work when I got the LG G2, but, I really liked the speakers on the Find 5 way better.