Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,778,893 Members 42,793 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Camera problems

Tip us?

danman7
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 28
Default Camera problems

Anyone else having this problem? I'm running pretty much stock 4.4, although rooted and unlocked. Every time I start the camera, I get this weird distorted view, and then the camera crashes. Any idea what is going on?

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
Dan
_________

Motorola Droid Maxx XT1080, non-DE, but unlocked all the same!

Nexus 7 (16gb) stock rooted 4.4.2

"The goal of terrorism is to terrorize us: to make us afraid, and make our government do exactly what the TSA is doing. When we react out of fear, the terrorists succeed even when their plots fail. But if we carry on as before, the terrorists fail -- even when their plots succeed." ~ Bruce Schneier

bigv5150
Old
Thanks Meter 200
I hate to say it but it may be a hardware failure. I would fxz and see if it is software related but if after the fxz you have the same you need a new phone.

Sent from my Chinese connection unlocked and can't be stopped Droid Maxx

danman7
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigv5150 View Post
I hate to say it but it may be a hardware failure. I would fxz and see if it is software related but if after the fxz you have the same you need a new phone.

Ugh, I really hope that's not the case. I just paid to have this unlocked, I'd hate to have to replace it.
Dan
_________

"The goal of terrorism is to terrorize us: to make us afraid, and make our government do exactly what the TSA is doing. When we react out of fear, the terrorists succeed even when their plots fail. But if we carry on as before, the terrorists fail -- even when their plots succeed." ~ Bruce Schneier

bigv5150
Old
Thanks Meter 200
One other option if it is the camera and not software is get a broke maxx and swap out the camera. But I would guess it would be cheaper to get another phone and pay 40 bucks again.

danman7
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 28
Okay, further data. I found that if I switch to the second camera (the one on the screen) and then flip back, the camera appears to work. That leads me to think it's some form of software, not hardware issue.
Dan
_________

bigv5150
Old
Thanks Meter 200
Have you done an fxz yet if it is a software issue it will fix it.

danman7
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 28
FXZ appears to have fixed the issue, whatever it was. Hopefully I'll be able to avoid whatever it was that caused it in the first place.
Dan
_________