Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,737,675 Members 46,692 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Cant copy files from internal storage

Tip us?

Linkdk
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Cant copy files from internal storage

Hello!

I have some files on the internal storage, from the downlad folder, that i want to copy to my sdcard, but theres no file explorer that will let me do it. I've tried both Root Browser and Root File Manager. They just give me an error saying 'Operation Failed!".

If i plug it into my PC through MTP and tries to copy the files, either to the SDcard or my own computer, windows 8 gives me an "Unspecified error" or saying "The device is off, or file not found" (or similar).

What is wrong? Why cant i move the files from the internal storage? Hope you can help me.

I9195 / Cyanogenmod 10.2

Whosat
Old
Thanks Meter 220

DONATE TO ME
Sounds like an sdcard issue

Try copying files within the sdcard and within the internal storage. If it fails only when copying within the sdcard, remove it and try on a card reader on your PC.
Galaxy Note 3 N9005 //
Galaxy S4 Mini (LTE/GT-I9195): Rooting FAQ | CM11 | CM10.2 | Link2SD
Latest GApps

Linkdk
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whosat View Post
Sounds like an sdcard issue

Try copying files within the sdcard and within the internal storage. If it fails only when copying within the sdcard, remove it and try on a card reader on your PC.
I can without problems copy files onto or from the SDcard(from PC), but not the _internal storage_, thats the problem. The SDcard (partition?) works fine.

MarkAndroid.UK
Old
Thanks Meter 11

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Linkdk View Post
Hello!

I have some files on the internal storage, from the downlad folder,
To clarify, do you mean the /sdcard/download folder ? I use X-plore if that helps!

Linkdk
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by xbin View Post
To clarify, do you mean the /sdcard/download folder ? I use X-plore if that helps!
To clarify, i meant the download folder on the internal storage chrome etc., saves files in that folder..

Wow that seems like a nice file manager, and it does the trick! No errors what so ever. But how come it works, but other root file managers doesnt?
And how come it doesnt work in windows? :<

Something about permissions?

MarkAndroid.UK
Old
Thanks Meter 11

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Linkdk View Post
Wow that seems like a nice file manager, and it does the trick! No errors what so ever. But how come it works, but other root file managers doesnt?
And how come it doesnt work in windows? :<

Something about permissions?
I must admit that I didn't think X-plore would work either but am pleased it did; it does do pretty much everything as far as files and folders go.

I've not had a similar problem and cannot see a reason why the other methods you have tried don't work.

SGS4 Mini (I9195), SlimKAT 4.4.4 b6.4, f4ktion_1.5.6-eur_lte, TWRP 2.7.1.0

SGS2 (I9100),
SlimSaber 4.4.4 (0713)