5,605,373 Members 40,665 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Guide][Root+CWM] Samsung Trend plus GT-S7580

Tip us?

MihaiA7X
Old
Thanks Meter 41
not good for me at least...unless we find away to reset the counter...maybe triangle away works on our device...

gmg381
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by MihaiA7X View Post
not good for me at least...unless we find away to reset the counter...maybe triangle away works on our device...
I do not know why you need to reset the counter, but in Samsung S4 Active I use Wanam Xposed.

There is meny Security hacks where you can make fake sistem status and it set status to Official.
I am able on S4 Active to chech update via OTA.

I tryed triangle away on Samsung S4 Active, but for update via OTA I fond that is better to use Wanam Xposed.
Xperia Tablet Z LTE SPG321
Samsung S4 Active I9295

MihaiA7X
Old
Thanks Meter 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmg381 View Post
I do not know why you need to reset the counter, but in Samsung S4 Active I use Wanam Xposed.

There is meny Security hacks where you can make fake sistem status and it set status to Official.
I am able on S4 Active to chech update via OTA.

I tryed triangle away on Samsung S4 Active, but for update via OTA I fond that is better to use Wanam Xposed.
well i need the counter to say official because otherwise warranty is lost...if the phone encounters a problem and needs to be taken to a care center they will check the binary counter status before accepting the phone for repairs...

gmg381
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
well i need the counter to say official because otherwise warranty is lost...if the phone encounters a problem and needs to be taken to a care center they will check the binary counter status before accepting the phone for repairs...
OK I see.

But if you root your phone, and if you make that is binary counter is official, when, or if they start phone in care center it is very easy to find that phone was root. You have on phone CWM and superuser, if it is rooted.
Xperia Tablet Z LTE SPG321
Samsung S4 Active I9295
The Following User Says Thank You to gmg381 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

MihaiA7X
Old
Thanks Meter 41
well cwm and root can be removed by falshing official firmware with odin but bin counter will remain at custom...
anyway another question would be: does titanium backup work?? can you remove stuff from /system/app??? or does it have some write protection in place...

MrDSM
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Hi and thank you for this thread.

I do exactly what the op said, and tried to flash the CWM and it's done, but i can't Wipe Data/Factory Reset, it says "E:/Can't mount /sdcard/"

My Galaxy Trend Plus is new with S7580XXUBNA3 ROM.

Thanks to help.
Samsung Galaxy SIII, SII & TAB 2 P3110.

MihaiA7X
Old
Thanks Meter 41
ok so i rooted and then i unrooted by flashing stock rom via odin and the bootloader returned by itself from custom to official (which is kind of weird but ok)

umaga2012
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Guys I'm considering buying this phone.How is it?And how's the gaming ?Any chance of getting Cyanogenmod ?

MihaiA7X
Old
Thanks Meter 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by umaga2012 View Post
Guys I'm considering buying this phone.How is it?And how's the gaming ?Any chance of getting Cyanogenmod ?
it is good but not for gaming (though i did manage to run asphalt 8 on medium with good fps the downside being that you cannot move that 1.8gb of the game to your memory card)

good phone overall (i only got it because it was 20 euros with a new vodafone subscription) but put a little extra if you can and go for s3 mini or s2 plus!

about cyangoenmod i dont know maybe if we get a dev to do it...the chipset is from broadcomm

umaga2012
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
it is good but not for gaming (though i did manage to run asphalt 8 on medium with good fps the downside being that you cannot move that 1.8gb of the game to your memory card)

good phone overall (i only got it because it was 20 euros with a new vodafone subscription) but put a little extra if you can and go for s3 mini or s2 plus!

about cyangoenmod i dont know maybe if we get a dev to do it...the chipset is from broadcomm
Thanks for the info.It sells really cheap here in Kenya & the Antutu score is decent for a low end device.Whether I can live without custom ROMS is the issue.Sure I could use Xposed but CM11 would run perfectly on it IMO.Hope a developer lands his hands on it

Tags
cwm recovery, root, s7580, samsung galaxy trend plus