NVIDIA SHIELD Tablet Gets Android 5.0.1, OTA Available

The NVIDIA SHIELD Tablet is the latest Android-powered device released by famed GPU … more

FXP Team Delivers Lollipop to Various Xperia Devices!

From all of us here at XDA-Developers, we’d like to wish you Happy Holidays! If … more

Turn Your Camera Into a Live Puzzle Game

The classic sliding puzzle game hasnt changed much, if at all, over the years. Dating all the way … more

Samsung Begins Production of 8 Gb RAM Chips

With the release of Android 5.0, our favorite mobile operating system has become 64-bit ready. … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Kitkat Mobile Network Problem

OP always35

27th March 2014, 01:10 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
Hello, i have flashed nearly all of the kitkat roms to my HOX, everything was ok but mobile network doesn't work. There isnt any anormal situation on status bar, it looks like connecting with 3g but when i try to connect to the internet, it says there is no connection. i have tried everything but i cannot solve this problem. i am using the latest CWM. and i am flashing the roms from Viper Rom. Is there anyone who to help me? and also when i try to return Viper rom, i am flashing viper boot.img and applying full wipe, but i am having trouble with aroma installer, it says something "asserts failed. getprop" like that. i can only return to viper with my android recovery. Please help me.
29th March 2014, 04:06 PM   |  #2  
Flag Hannover
Thanks Meter: 2,706

7,562 posts
More
For the assert issue take s recovery like the latest test img of twrp as it works with sense roms like viper and kitkat roms so no need to change always the recovery....did you really flashed the boot.img of the Rom you flashed? Also try to change apn settings or so

Gesendet von meinem HTC One X mit Tapatalk
31st March 2014, 08:11 PM   |  #3  

12 posts
More
I have accidentally changed my IMEI before by flashing custom ROMS. Do a bit of research into the matter, if your IMEI has changed, I think your service provider prevents you from connecting to the network. This is just a guess (:

Good Luck.
31st March 2014, 08:26 PM   |  #4  
Recognized Contributor / Themer
Thanks Meter: 8,874

14,422 posts
Donate to Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by VoLTz4Dayz

I have accidentally changed my IMEI before by flashing custom ROMS. Do a bit of research into the matter, if your IMEI has changed, I think your service provider prevents you from connecting to the network. This is just a guess (:

Good Luck.

You can't "just" accidentally change your own imei and certainly not on a s-on hox ?!
31st March 2014, 08:38 PM   |  #5  

12 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Hofs

You can't "just" accidentally change your own imei and certainly not on a s-on hox ?!

I believe I did it on an S4, the only way i fixed it was sending it in. Its a glitch, quite a few people have had the same problem as I have. If I had the IMEI number it changed it to, you could Google it and see (:
31st March 2014, 08:42 PM   |  #6  
Flag Sofia
Thanks Meter: 629

2,048 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by VoLTz4Dayz

I believe I did it on an S4, the only way i fixed it was sending it in. Its a glitch, quite a few people have had the same problem as I have. If I had the IMEI number it changed it to, you could Google it and see (:

S4 is a S-OFF device by default the HOX is S-ON by default you can't change your IMEI!!!
The Following User Says Thank You to Thant For This Useful Post: [ View ]
31st March 2014, 08:50 PM   |  #7  
Recognized Contributor / Themer
Thanks Meter: 8,874

14,422 posts
Donate to Me
Yep as thant says, dont mix experiences from other phones here. The hox is a totally different story with it's tegra3 and s-on status ! on a hox its impossible and illegal !
The Following User Says Thank You to Mr Hofs For This Useful Post: [ View ]
31st March 2014, 09:07 PM   |  #8  

12 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thant

S4 is a S-OFF device by default the HOX is S-ON by default you can't change your IMEI!!!

Oh right, yes, sorry.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread