Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,728,239 Members 49,134 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Kitkat Mobile Network Problem

Tip us?

always35
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Kitkat Mobile Network Problem

Hello, i have flashed nearly all of the kitkat roms to my HOX, everything was ok but mobile network doesn't work. There isnt any anormal situation on status bar, it looks like connecting with 3g but when i try to connect to the internet, it says there is no connection. i have tried everything but i cannot solve this problem. i am using the latest CWM. and i am flashing the roms from Viper Rom. Is there anyone who to help me? and also when i try to return Viper rom, i am flashing viper boot.img and applying full wipe, but i am having trouble with aroma installer, it says something "asserts failed. getprop" like that. i can only return to viper with my android recovery. Please help me.

One-M8-Master
Old
Thanks Meter 2191
For the assert issue take s recovery like the latest test img of twrp as it works with sense roms like viper and kitkat roms so no need to change always the recovery....did you really flashed the boot.img of the Rom you flashed? Also try to change apn settings or so

Gesendet von meinem HTC One X mit Tapatalk
Its simple read before asking and use the search button and always be thankful its FREE!!!

Devices : HTC HD2 (Sold/broken), HTC One X (has my sister now), HTC One M8 (current) (changing roms always after few weeks of use and testing)

VoLTz4Dayz
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I have accidentally changed my IMEI before by flashing custom ROMS. Do a bit of research into the matter, if your IMEI has changed, I think your service provider prevents you from connecting to the network. This is just a guess (:

Good Luck.

Mr Hofs
Old
Recognized Contributor / Themer
Thanks Meter 8132

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by VoLTz4Dayz View Post
I have accidentally changed my IMEI before by flashing custom ROMS. Do a bit of research into the matter, if your IMEI has changed, I think your service provider prevents you from connecting to the network. This is just a guess (:

Good Luck.
You can't "just" accidentally change your own imei and certainly not on a s-on hox ?!

VoLTz4Dayz
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Hofs View Post
You can't "just" accidentally change your own imei and certainly not on a s-on hox ?!
I believe I did it on an S4, the only way i fixed it was sending it in. Its a glitch, quite a few people have had the same problem as I have. If I had the IMEI number it changed it to, you could Google it and see (:

Thant
Old
Thanks Meter 432
Quote:
Originally Posted by VoLTz4Dayz View Post
I believe I did it on an S4, the only way i fixed it was sending it in. Its a glitch, quite a few people have had the same problem as I have. If I had the IMEI number it changed it to, you could Google it and see (:
S4 is a S-OFF device by default the HOX is S-ON by default you can't change your IMEI!!!
If my post help you a click on Thanks would be nice

YOU ARE A NOOB CLICK HERE OR YOU ARE COMPLETE NOOB CLIK HERE

Device: HTC One X 32GB
CID: HTC__032
HBOOT: 1.72
KERNEL: lONELyX #023 LM_UV
ROM: lONElyX 1.0.1 with modification
The Following User Says Thank You to Thant For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Mr Hofs
Old
Recognized Contributor / Themer
Thanks Meter 8132

DONATE TO ME
Yep as thant says, dont mix experiences from other phones here. The hox is a totally different story with it's tegra3 and s-on status ! on a hox its impossible and illegal !
The Following User Says Thank You to Mr Hofs For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

VoLTz4Dayz
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thant View Post
S4 is a S-OFF device by default the HOX is S-ON by default you can't change your IMEI!!!
Oh right, yes, sorry.