5,599,135 Members 34,659 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[RECOVERY] TWRP touch recovery 2.7.0.0 [HTC Dumlock for S-ON]

Tip us?

rgnicholas
Old
Thanks Meter 53
Just to add a little info to the mix...
I had been using the 2.7.0.1 build for about 2 weeks and everything seemed to work well. I had made backups and restored with no issue. Then, I completely wiped my phone and tried to flash my old "go to" ROM, LiquidSmooth 2.37 (JB 4.3.1) and it failed. I poked around in the settings but didn't see a way to adjust the flashing method (uncheck the enforcement flag as in Philz CWM). I would really like to use the new TWRP because "for me" it seemed to be a bit quicker in operation and the larger buttons are nice. I gots fat fingers

oneders65
Old
Thanks Meter 38
Have a problem that I have never had before. I have backups on my SDcard. When I try to restore in tprw they don't show up. I am sure that I am tprw's setting is on external sdcard. Using the most recent tprw.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using xda app-developers app
HTC ERIS - ROOTED
TT v8

It's not the size of the dog in the fight! It's the size of the fight in the dog in the fight!!

Snuzzo
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 5499

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by rgnicholas View Post
Just to add a little info to the mix...
I had been using the 2.7.0.1 build for about 2 weeks and everything seemed to work well. I had made backups and restored with no issue. Then, I completely wiped my phone and tried to flash my old "go to" ROM, LiquidSmooth 2.37 (JB 4.3.1) and it failed. I poked around in the settings but didn't see a way to adjust the flashing method (uncheck the enforcement flag as in Philz CWM). I would really like to use the new TWRP because "for me" it seemed to be a bit quicker in operation and the larger buttons are nice. I gots fat fingers
Unmount /system before flashing.

Sent from my LG-VS980 using Tapatalk 4

What do you get when you cross a cow with a lion?
One really messed up situation!

rgnicholas
Old
Thanks Meter 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snuzzo View Post
Unmount /system before flashing.

Thanks snuzzo... this would need to be done even if you fully wiped before the ROM install? Seems counter intuitive... but as long as it works!

Snuzzo
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 5499

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by rgnicholas View Post
Thanks snuzzo... this would need to be done even if you fully wiped before the ROM install? Seems counter intuitive... but as long as it works!
At hard working to get the fix in a gerrit code review for all ROMs. Its an easy fix but when you have very little time and limited knowledge in Python .....

Basically, twrp is causing it to fail because the updater script is trying to mount an already mounted partition. Any other recovery has no problem remounting the partition.

What do you get when you cross a cow with a lion?
One really messed up situation!

rgnicholas
Old
Thanks Meter 53
Gotcha... that's above my head. As I said, as long as it works. Thanks again.
Tags
recovery, rezound, teamwin, twrp, vigor