Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,736,395 Members 48,099 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Can't boot into AllianceRom 22

Tip us?

Root Wizard
Old
Thanks Meter 5
How can he redownload zip if hes stuck at boot?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

notaneggspert
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by BattsNotIncld View Post
That's the latest recovery so you should be good. The only thing I can suggest is to re-download the zip and try again. Make sure you back up your data and factory reset before flashing (wipe data, cache, dalvik).

If that doesn't work you should be able to flash back to your old 4.1.2 build. Did you make a nandroid?
Well I dropped the new file on the Sd card put it in the phone and powered up, without flashing anything or going into the bootloader I'm now getting a boot up sequence with a glowing "android"

Root Wizard
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Are you fully booting?

notaneggspert
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by notaneggspert View Post
Well I dropped the new file on the Sd card put it in the phone and powered up, without flashing anything or going into the bootloader I'm now getting a boot up sequence with a glowing "android"

So I get to a set up screen and get an" unfortunately, the process com.android.phone has stopped." So I'll just try flashing it again with this new file. (p.s to get mod verification being new here do I need to do anything I glanced through some new user forums and didn't see anything)

Root Wizard
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
So I get to a set up screen and get an" unfortunately, the process com.android.phone has stopped." So I'll just try flashing it again with this new file. (p.s to get mod verification being new here do I need to do anything I glanced through some new user forums and didn't see anything)
Hope it works!

BattsNotIncld
Old
Thanks Meter 109
Quote:
Originally Posted by Root Wizard View Post
How can he redownload zip if hes stuck at boot?

Good point. Take out External SD and put it on there? I've had to do that in the past.

Oh looks like you're making progress. Hope it works out!
Current Phone: Samsung Galaxy S III
Current ROM: SlimKat

Previous Phone: Samsung Droid Charge (sold)

notaneggspert
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Hope it works!

Haha thanks, well I tried flashing my a different download of Alliance Build 22 and now my phone just buzzes when it tries to boot. So close but so far and I don't understand why.

Root Wizard
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Make sure your using correct boot img and you have battery notaneggspert

---------- Post added at 07:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:00 PM ----------

Quote:
Haha thanks, well I tried flashing my a different download of Alliance Build 22 and now my phone just buzzes when it tries to boot. So close but so far and I don't understand why.
Ok, make sure you have a rom compatible with you phone too.

The Following User Says Thank You to Root Wizard For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

notaneggspert
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Make sure your using correct boot img and you have battery notaneggspert

---------- Post added at 07:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:00 PM ----------

Ok, make sure you have a rom compatible with you phone too.

Thanks guys I've got it running, for what ever reason the phone can't boot with the SD card in it. I'll try formatting it and see if that helps.

Also my lock button is now broken, not sure if that's an issue with the system UI or if I broke it from trying to enter the bootloader so many times. I've got an onscreen lock button/gesurecontro/dropdown replacement but is there an app that shows the inputs so I can diagnose whether or not its a hardware or software issue.

Root Wizard
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Thanks guys I've got it running, for what ever reason the phone can't boot with the SD card in it. I'll try formatting it and see if that helps.

Also my lock button is now broken, not sure if that's an issue with the system UI or if I broke it from trying to enter the bootloader so many times. I've got an onscreen lock button/gesurecontro/dropdown replacement but is there an app that shows the inputs so I can diagnose whether or not its a hardware or software issue.
Great. Im glad youre up again.