DJI Phantom 2 Vision+ Review – XDA TV

The holidays will be here in no time, so why not start thinking about gifts now? Youll be ahead … more

Mozilla Ditches Google, Makes Yahoo Default Search Engine

Mozilla and Google have had a long-standing relationship of about 10 years. Google … more

Learn More About Linux with Linux Man Pages

Linux is quite a powerful and very configurable operating system. Thanks to some user-friendly … more

Detect, Avoid IMSI-Catcher Attacks with Android IMSI-Catcher Detector

Privacy is always an important topic, as well as a delicate one to … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Problem after update

OP Mr. bird

1st April 2014, 12:38 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 123

536 posts
After I updated my phone to 4.4.2 I lose service and have to restart my phone multiple times a day to get service back. I called T-Mobile and after resetting the phone they said they would replace it. Then I called Samsung and they said to bring it to best buy to have it reflashed. I can go there but I could also flash it via Odin at home. Now my question is, if I flash the stock rom via Odin will it trip the Knox counter? I read that it won't and I read that it can. I just want to make sure it won't before I flash it incase I have to have it repaired or replaced.
Sent from my SGH-M919 using xda app-developers app
1st April 2014, 02:30 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 4,439

6,894 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. bird

After I updated my phone to 4.4.2 I lose service and have to restart my phone multiple times a day to get service back. I called T-Mobile and after resetting the phone they said they would replace it. Then I called Samsung and they said to bring it to best buy to have it reflashed. I can go there but I could also flash it via Odin at home. Now my question is, if I flash the stock rom via Odin will it trip the Knox counter? I read that it won't and I read that it can. I just want to make sure it won't before I flash it incase I have to have it repaired or replaced.

Did you update it officially or via a ROM flashed in a custom recovery?

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk
1st April 2014, 03:55 PM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member

536 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by elesbb

Did you update it officially or via a ROM flashed in a custom recovery?

I updated ota. I haven't rooted this phone yet.

1st April 2014, 10:32 PM   |  #4  

6,894 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

I updated ota. I haven't rooted this phone yet.

I would try flashing the stock official update through Odin. That's pretty much what best buy is going to do.

2nd April 2014, 01:27 AM   |  #5  
OP Senior Member

536 posts
Quote:

I would try flashing the stock official update through Odin. That's pretty much what best buy is going to do.

That's what I was thinking. I just wanted to make sure that wouldn't trip the Knox counter going through odin. I wouldn't think so but I read somewhere when I did a Google search that someone said it did.

2nd April 2014, 05:55 AM   |  #6  

6,894 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

That's what I was thinking. I just wanted to make sure that wouldn't trip the Knox counter going through odin. I wouldn't think so but I read somewhere when I did a Google search that someone said it did.

So long as it's a 100 percent stock ROM it shouldn't. It only trips if system partition or a custom recovery are detected.

3rd April 2014, 03:46 PM   |  #7  
OP Senior Member

536 posts
Quote:

So long as it's a 100 percent stock ROM it shouldn't. It only trips if system partition or a custom recovery are detected.

Well I flashed the stock rom from sammobile yesterday morning and so far so good. I haven't had a problem since. Tmobile said there is no way I could flash the firmware again even though I knew I could through odin, just wasn't sure if I used odin if it would trip the Knox counter. I didn't want to replace my phone that is in mint condition through tmobile and get who knows what in return so I called Samsung and they said to go to best buy to have it reflashed. I saved myself a trip by doing it myself. thank you elesbb for your help.

3rd April 2014, 08:45 PM   |  #8  

6,894 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Well I flashed the stock rom from sammobile yesterday morning and so far so good. I haven't had a problem since. Tmobile said there is no way I could flash the firmware again even though I knew I could through odin, just wasn't sure if I used odin if it would trip the Knox counter. I didn't want to replace my phone that is in mint condition through tmobile and get who knows what in return so I called Samsung and they said to go to best buy to have it reflashed. I saved myself a trip by doing it myself. thank you elesbb for your help.

Yeah, i hate getting replacements from them. I no longer have insurance as any repairs (aside from shattered screen, this denotes an upgrade ) i will just do myself. I have gotten replacements for my S3 through them and they ALL were horrible. I ended up having to take apart both phones when they sent me the new one and made a good working one out of it and reassembled the bad pieces into a bad phone and sent that one back. Ha. It was pathetic. lol.

Always come here before swapping out your phone or anything. There is so much information available and helpful people anyone can really solve their own problems.
4th April 2014, 12:00 AM   |  #9  
OP Senior Member

536 posts
Quote:

Yeah, i hate getting replacements from them. I no longer have insurance as any repairs (aside from shattered screen, this denotes an upgrade ) i will just do myself. I have gotten replacements for my S3 through them and they ALL were horrible. I ended up having to take apart both phones when they sent me the new one and made a good working one out of it and reassembled the bad pieces into a bad phone and sent that one back. Ha. It was pathetic. lol.

Always come here before swapping out your phone or anything. There is so much information available and helpful people anyone can really solve their own problems.

Well I spoke too soon. I had to restart my phone again to get service back. The problem is still there. I had data but no cell service. Even if I turn airplane mode on then back off to reset it it still doesn't work. I have to restart my phone. Do you think it could possibly be a simple card issue? It started the day after I updated my phone when 4.4.2 came out.

4th April 2014, 02:04 AM   |  #10  

6,894 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Well I spoke too soon. I had to restart my phone again to get service back. The problem is still there. I had data but no cell service. Even if I turn airplane mode on then back off to reset it it still doesn't work. I have to restart my phone. Do you think it could possibly be a simple card issue? It started the day after I updated my phone when 4.4.2 came out.

It could be a SIM card issue. Do you have another phone you could test the SIM card with?

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread