Lollipop Leak for Sprint Galaxy S5, TWRP for Micromax Canvas Magnus – XDA TV

Android 5.0 Lollipop has been leaked for the Sprint … more

Velocity is Like OpenTable on Steroids

We all enjoy a night out with friends or our significant other from time to time. However, there is … more

Android Lollipop Lands for the Sony Xperia Z Ultra

The undisputed king of the beasts–at least in Sony’s current stable,is the … more

Android 5.0 Lollipop in 3D–EVO 3D, That Is!

It is that time of the year once again. Flowers bloom (or snow falls, depending on which … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

CPU good governor and I/O schedulers

OP Valiceemo

29th March 2014, 12:22 PM   |  #1  
Valiceemo's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 12
 
250 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2014
More
I've searched and searched and can't find a thread on this for our excellent devices!

So I'm going to start one !😎

What setup is everyone using and does anyone have advice in how to get the best performance / battery life balance?

I'm running CyanogenMod 11 on my D802.
I also have android tuner but not sure how to best use the CPU section

Performance is good but I think it could be improved.

Sent from my LG-D802 using Tapatalk
30th March 2014, 03:21 PM   |  #2  
Valiceemo's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 12
 
250 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2014
More
Any one got any input?

Sent from my LG-D802 using Tapatalk
30th March 2014, 10:58 PM   |  #3  
Senior Member
Flag Finland
Thanks Meter: 157
 
780 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2011
More
Btw I wouldn't use performace as a daily gov as it locks cpu frequency to max.

Sent from my LG D802
31st March 2014, 01:46 AM   |  #4  
Member
Thanks Meter: 6
 
37 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2013
What kind of information do you expect from us.
Do you want to know what the different governors mean?
If u want best battery life try out different governors.
For me ondemand is the Best. Using stock kk.

Sent from my LG-D802 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
31st March 2014, 09:29 PM   |  #5  
Valiceemo's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 12
 
250 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2014
More
It just seems that there isn't much info about our device and the CPU(s).
I was just looking for some information about his to make the best from the 4 cores!?

Sent from my LG-D802 using Tapatalk
1st April 2014, 12:17 AM   |  #6  
Member
Thanks Meter: 6
 
37 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2013
No idea what u expect from us. Read just the thread

Sent from my LG-D802 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
1st April 2014, 12:20 AM   |  #7  
Valiceemo's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 12
 
250 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2014
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by theefim

No idea what u expect from us. Read just the thread

Sent from my LG-D802 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Christ mate. Then dont reply. Simple. If you can't understand simple English don't worry about it.

Sent from my LG-D802 using Tapatalk
1st April 2014, 12:28 AM   |  #8  
Member
Thanks Meter: 6
 
37 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2013
My friend. I understand english. i dont get u. Just try the governors try greenify etc. And please please dont judge other people! Just wanted to help you...

Sent from my LG-D802 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
1st April 2014, 12:33 AM   |  #9  
Valiceemo's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 12
 
250 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2014
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by theefim

My friend. I understand english. i dont get u. Just try the governors try greenify etc. And please please dont judge other people! Just wanted to help you...

Sent from my LG-D802 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

And how have you helped. Brilliant. I thought these forums where to help and share experiences, advice etc. What exactly don't of get. I couldn't have been much clearer.



Quote:
Originally Posted by Valiceemo

What setup is everyone using and does anyone have advice in how to get the best performance / battery life balance?

What don't u get?😲

Quote:
Originally Posted by theefim

My friend

No. Just no.


Sent from my LG-D802 using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to Valiceemo For This Useful Post: [ View ]
1st April 2014, 12:46 AM   |  #10  
Member
Thanks Meter: 6
 
37 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2013
Fine i repeat u can use greenify and delete apps u dont use set ur cpu frequency lower if u turn off screen.
Theres also an app which can also save alot of battery. When screen is off ur data will be always on unless u deakivated it. So it enables every 15min or whatever time u set ur data to get notifications etc. So that save battery. Performance is controlled by governor.
It is only up to you whether u need lag free scolling or more battery.

Sent from my LG-D802 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

---------- Post added at 12:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:44 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by theefim

Fine i repeat u can use greenify and delete apps u dont use set ur cpu frequency lower if u turn off screen.
Theres also an app which can also save alot of battery. When screen is off ur data will be always on unless u deakivated it. So it enables every 15min or whatever time u set ur data to get notifications etc. So that save battery. Performance is controlled by governor.
It is only up to you whether u need lag free scolling or more battery.

Sent from my LG-D802 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

The app is called 2 x battery - Battery Saver

Sent from my LG-D802 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes